Ipoh Community Forums

Full Version: Malaysia GE 15
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
Umno turns down 3-party pact to ‘end Anwar’s political career’
[Image: ahmad-maslan-fmt-281022-4.jpg]

KUALA LUMPUR: Umno secretary-general Ahmad Maslan has turned down a proposal for the party to work with PAS and Bersatu in Tambun in order to “end PKR president Anwar Ibrahim’s political career”.

Ahmad said Barisan Nasional (BN) will field its own candidate for the Tambun seat, despite a PAS leader’s suggestion that Umno not challenge Bersatu deputy president Ahmad Faizal Azumu in the parliamentary constituency.

- More -
Amanah’s Mujahid, Hatta to defend Perak parliamentary seats
[Image: Mujahid-Hatta-Ramli.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: Amanah vice-president Mujahid Yusof Rawa and secretary-general Hatta Ramli will be defending their Parit Buntar and Lumut parliamentary seats, respectively, in the 15th general election (GE15).

The two Amanah leaders were among the 26 candidates for GE15 that the party unveiled. The Pakatan Harapan (PH) component party will be contesting for six parliamentary seats and 20 state seats.

The 20 state seats are an increase from the 12 seats the party was allocated in the last general election (GE14) in 2018, while the six parliamentary seats are two more than the last polls.

Mujahid had been the Parit Buntar MP since 2008, and Hatta first won the Lumut seat in 2018. Hatta also won the Kuala Krai seat in Kelantan in 2008 and 2013.

- More -
Maria Chin’s replacement best bet for PJ, says Rafizi
[Image: Rafizi-Lee-Chean-Chung-Maria-Chin-collage-291022-2.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: The decision to drop Maria Chin Abdullah for the Petaling Jaya parliamentary seat was in order to meet the demands of the electorate, says Rafizi Ramli.

The PKR deputy president said the PJ seat was a unique one that required a “highly-educated Chinese” and one that had the energy to move around.

He said the ideal candidate was also one that could handle civil society groups, adding that it was a quality the party saw in Lee Chean Chung, a two-term Pahang assemblyman.

- More -
DAP state chiefs should also be in Parliament, says Hannah
[Image: 03-HANNAH-YEOH-TSEOW-SUAN.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: DAP’s state leaders should be allowed to contest both state and parliamentary seats at the general election, said Hannah Yeoh.

Yeoh, the DAP’s assistant publicity secretary, said the move would allow the state leaders to highlight issues at the state assembly and the Dewan Rakyat if elected to both legislatures.

- More -
GE15: Dr Mahathir to forget ‘betrayal’, cooperate with Perikatan, but Muhyiddin refuses
[Image: 14122020_-_KUL_-_Mahathir_Mohamad_05_-_Sairien.jpg]

ALOR STAR – Gerakan Tanah Air (GTA) pro tem chairman Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad said he is willing to forget Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin’s “betrayal” so that GTA and Perikatan Nasional (PN) can work together to face the 15th general election (GE15).

Dr Mahathir said the opposition parties can only defeat Umno by working together and for that reason, he chose to propose the matter to Muhyiddin but was rejected by the PN chairman.

“I thought, it is okay even though he had stabbed me in the back before. For the sake of our people, country, and religion, we are willing to humble ourselves to cooperate with Muhyiddin, even after he had betrayed me, I am willing to forget about it.

- More -
GE15: Ex-MCA president Ong Tee Keat confirms comeback under Warisan
[Image: 20221028-ong_tee_keat-his_fb.jpg]

KUALA LUMPUR – Former MCA president Tan Sri Ong Tee Keat has confirmed that he is making a political comeback through Warisan.

It is not yet revealed where the former Pandan MP will be fielded but he is likely to get an urban seat as Warisan attempts to make inroads into Peninsular Malaysia.

There is even speculation he will go back to Pandan to face off against PKR deputy president Rafizi Ramli.

When contacted, Ong said, “Yes, I will be contesting under Warisan but I have yet to receive the surat watikah (election letter) (from Warisan president Datuk Seri Mohd Shafie Apdal).”

- More -
GE15: PKR sends Amirudin, Rodziah to face ‘traitors’ in Gombak, Ampang; Rafizi returns to Pandan
[Image: 28102022_-_PKR_Candidate_Announcement_-_...HMAN-4.JPG]

AMPANG – PKR will be fielding Selangor Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Amirudin Shari and Rodziah Ismail to challenge the Gombak and Ampang incumbents, whom the party has labelled as “traitors”.

William Leong will be defending Selayang and Negri Sembilan Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Aminuddin Harun will be sent to defend Port Dickson as PKR president Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim announced his intentions to run for the Tambun seat.

Tonight’s event at Padang MPAJ here also confirmed that Datuk Seri Wan Azizah Wan Ismail will be running for Bandar Tun Razak, while Fahmi Fadzil will defend Lembah Pantai and Nurul Izzah Anwar will remain in Permatang Pauh.

Rafizi Ramli will be eyeing his former seat Pandan.

Youth chief Adam Adli will be fielded in Hang Tuah Jaya, Melaka – confirming that Datuk Seri Shamsul Iskandar Mohd Akin will not be defending his seat, but rather challenging Umno president Datuk Seri Ahmad Zahid Hamidi in his Bagan Datuk stronghold.

- More -
Changkat Jong is ours, says Loke
[Image: 02-LOKE-SIEW-FOOK-ANTHONY-LOKE.jpg]

IPOH: There will be no clash between DAP and Amanah for the Changkat Jong state seat in Perak in the 15th general election (GE15), says DAP secretary-general Anthony Loke.

Loke said there was a misunderstanding between the two Pakatan Harapan (PH) parties because a decision had already been made by the presidential council prior to the announcement on DAP candidates in Perak last night.

“It was decided by the ‘top three’ before the recent PH convention. Therefore, we did not announce something that was not decided. It was finalised at the top level,” he said referring to PKR president Anwar Ibrahim, Amanah president Mohamad Sabu and himself as DAP secretary-general.

- More -
It’s Ketereh or I’m out of GE15, says Annuar
[Image: Annuar-Musa-Bernama-291022.jpg]

KOTA BHARU: Incumbent Ketereh MP Annuar Musa has stressed that he wants to defend the seat and will not contest in any other constituency in the 15th general election (GE15).

Annuar, who is Ketereh Umno division chief, said he had been holding to this principle because he wanted to serve in his birthplace.

“Although I lost in the 2008 general election, I stayed put in Ketereh because I do not want to contest in any other seat. That is my principle.

- More -
Tough fights for PKR in three Negeri Sembilan seats
[Image: aminuddin-harun-bernama-291022.jpg]

NILAI: Negeri Sembilan PKR expects a tough battle in three parliamentary seats to be contested by its candidates, including state party chief Aminuddin Harun.

Aminuddin, who is menteri besar, will contest Port Dickson, replacing party president Anwar Ibrahim. Aminuddin’s press secretary, Nor Azman Mohamad, is contesting in Kuala Pilah.

Former Malaysian Youth Council president Jufitri Joha is expected to face Umno deputy president Mohamad Hasan in Rembau, which was won by Khairy Jamaluddin in 2018.

However, Aminuddin said he firmly believes this PKR lineup has its own strengths to secure the seats.

- More -
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37