Ipoh Community Forums

Full Version: Malaysia GE 15
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
Baru Bian to contest in Lawas in GE15
[Image: BARU-BIAN-FMT-031219-2.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: Parti Sarawak Bersatu (PSB) secretary-general Baru Bian will be contesting the Lawas parliamentary seat in the 15th general election (GE15).

Speaking to Malay Mail, PSB president Wong Soon Koh said Baru would not be defending the Selangau seat he won in GE14 on a PKR ticket. Baru left the party to become an independent after the Sheraton Move.

“Baru was going to defend the Selangau seat but he had decided to move to Lawas,” said Wong.

“We are looking for people to contest in Selangau but we have not finalised the name yet.”

- More -
Gobind defends decision to pick Ganabatirau over Santiago
[Image: Gobind-Singh-FMT-1.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: Selangor DAP chairman Gobind Singh Deo has defended the party’s decision to name V Ganabatirau as the candidate for the Klang parliamentary seat in the 15th general election (GE15).

He said the Kota Kemuning assemblyman had an impressive record as a Selangor executive councillor and was an experienced two-term assemblyman.

“He has dealt with issues on the ground in his area well and to me, he is an exco that can perform,” he told reporters after a DAP fundraising event here.

Gobind said he had also spoken to former Klang MP Charles Santiago “some time ago” and informed him about “some issues” brought to his attention.

“I have talked to Santiago about it and it is not a case where I didn’t speak to him at all,” he said in dismissing a Malaysiakini report that he did not provide Santiago with an explanation of the latter’s supposed shortcomings.

- More -

Saifuddin hints at defending Kulim-Bandar Baharu seat
[Image: 08-SAIFUDDIN-NASUTION-ISMAIL.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: PKR’s Saifuddin Nasution Ismail has hinted that he will be defending the Kulim-Bandar Baharu parliamentary seat in the coming general election.

Without going into details, he said there was a likelihood that he would defend the seat he won with a 4,860-vote majority in 2018, Bernama reported.

“I leave it to the party leadership as to whether I will be contesting,” he was quoted as saying.

Saifuddin, who is also Pakatan Harapan secretary-general, also said that the seat allocations among the coalition’s components had been completed.

- More -
BN didn’t admit us, we’ll contest GE15 on our own, says PBM’s Sng
[Image: LARRY_SOON_LARRY_SNG_WEI_SHIEN_PH_PKR_JU...2020-6.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: Parti Bangsa Malaysia (PBM) says it will contest the 15th general election (GE15) with its own logo as Barisan Nasional (BN) has not admitted the party into its fold.

“PBM respects BN’s decision not to admit the party into the coalition now and we shall contest GE15 under our own logo instead,” said founder member Larry Sng in a Facebook post.

“We will revisit our application to join BN after the election.”

Sng said PBM might not limit itself to contesting seats it won in the last general election.

- More -
Anwar hints Amirudin will take on Azmin in Gombak
[Image: Rapat-Mega-Keadilan-amirudin-shari-PKR-FMT-1.jpg]

KUALA SELANGOR: Pakatan Harapan (PH) chairman Anwar Ibrahim hinted last night that Selangor menteri besar Amirudin Shari will be fielded as a candidate for the Gombak parliamentary seat in the general election (GE15).

Amirudin will likely take on former PKR deputy president Azmin Ali, the three-term Gombak MP, who is now with Bersatu.

- More -
Wong Tack’s decision disappointing but expected, says Rara
[Image: young-syefura-wong-tack-FB.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: Young Syefura Othman, who was named yesterday as DAP’s candidate for the Bentong parliamentary seat, said she was a little disappointed that its former MP had decided to contest against her as an independent.

The former Ketari assemblyman said she was hoping that she could work with Wong Tack to retain the seat in the 15th general election (GE15).

- More -
Umno’s Isham Jalil may be left out in the cold
[Image: ISHAM-JALIL-MKT-UMNO-3.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: Umno Supreme Council member Isham Jalil may not be contesting the 15th general election (GE15) after all.

Earlier this month, FMT reported that a party insider said Selangor Umno was planning to nominate Isham to stand in a “PKR stronghold” in the state.

- More -
Could main Sheraton Move defectors survive GE15 and beyond?
[Image: 18092021_-_azmin_ali_-kemensah-Landslide_-_16.jpg]

KUALA LUMPUR – Having been labelled as “traitors”, “frogs”, and “political opportunists,” could the main actors in the Sheraton Move survive the coming general election?

This question has been playing on the minds of observers, pundits, and those who voted for Pakatan Harapan’s (PH) reform agenda in the last general election.

Ever since the move, the country has been fraught with political instability, and the reasons behind the “betrayal” of PH and the people’s mandate depends on who you ask.

What is certain, however, is that the country entered an unprecedented period of political uncertainty, which saw the erosion of public confidence in the government and overall democratic system.

These issues were compounded by the Covid-19 pandemic – which caused an economic crisis that the country is still addressing – and emphasised the need for a rock-solid administration.

- More -
“Put a full-stop to racial issues, discrimination through GE15”
[Image: Pakatan-flag-Malay-Mail.jpg]

I WOULD like to take this opportunity to thank DAP leadership for their trust on me to allow me to represent Klang people in the upcoming 15th general election (GE15).

I also would like to thank and send my utmost appreciation to Charles Santiago for his services and supportive as well as encouraging words towards me. I promise that I will continue the great work done by our fellow comrades.

The mandate has been returned to the people of Malaysia to choose their future leaders who can administer the country at its best through the announcement of the dissolution of the Parliament by the caretaker prime minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.

- More -
For now, PKR to contest Sungai Siput, says Anwar
[Image: PKR-Flag-bendera-bernama.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: Pakatan Harapan is set to field a candidate from PKR for the Sungai Siput parliamentary seat, says the coalition’s chairman, Anwar Ibrahim.

However, the PKR president said negotiations for the seat are ongoing, adding that the outcome of talks have yet to reach him.

He did not specify who these negotiations are with.
“For now, it remains the same, a PKR candidate (will be fielded) there,” he told a press conference in Manjoi, Perak.

Previously, Parti Sosialis Malaysia (PSM) asked PH to allow its chairman, Dr Michael Jeyakumar Devaraj, to contest the Sungai Siput seat.

- More -
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37