Ipoh Community Forums

Full Version: Malaysia GE 15
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
Anwar to contest Tambun, eyes Pakatan sweep over Perak
[Image: 20102022_-_Anwar_Ibrahim_-_Konvesyen_Har...5A7510.JPG]

IPOH – Pakatan Harapan (PH) chairman Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim has confirmed that he will contest the Tambun parliamentary seat in the 15th general election (GE15), ending weeks of speculation about this move.

The decision is likely to set up an intriguing clash in the constituency between the opposition leader and former Perak menteri besar, Datuk Seri Ahmad Faizal Azumu of Bersatu, who is the incumbent one-term MP there.

Anwar made the announcement in his speech at the PH convention here tonight.

Addressing a 7,000-strong crowd at the event today, the PKR president said that he has seen the opposition coalition gain control over Penang, Selangor and Negri Sembilan in recent elections, and thus felt the responsibility to lead Perak to achieve the same here.

- More -

Once Bitten Twice Shy

I am willing to meet with Anwar on GE15, says Dr M
[Image: anwar-ibrahim-tun-mahathir-mohamad-fmt-081218-1.jpg]

PETALING JAYA : Former prime minister Dr Mahathir Mohamad says he is open to discussions with opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim on working together in the next general election (GE15).

“I believe we both share a common goal and if I have to make the first move, I will do it,” said Mahathir in a video posted on social media.

- More -
I’m almost certain to be given a seat held by opposition, says KJ
[Image: Khairy-Jamaluddin-Abu-Bakar.jpg]

SEREMBAN: Caretaker health minister Khairy Jamaluddin today indicated that he could be contesting in a parliamentary seat held by the opposition in the 15th general election (GE15).

Even though the seat has not been finalised and is being evaluated by Barisan Nasional’s (BN) top leadership, Khairy confirmed it is a constituency that is not under the coalition.

- More -
Bagan Datuk battle: Shamsul Iskandar wants to be giant killer again
[Image: 10112021-MLK-Datuk_Seri_Shamsul_Iskandar...Omar-6.jpg]

KUALA LUMPUR – Could Datuk Seri Shamsul Iskandar Md Akin be PKR’s choice for Bagan Datuk when nominations for the 15th general election (GE15) are announced on November 5?

Shamsul, who is the incumbent Hang Tuah Jaya MP in Melaka, said he is willing to give up his safe seat to follow his boss, PKR president Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim, to Perak and take on Umno president Datuk Seri Ahmad Zahid Hamidi.

“If Anwar can go to Tambun, then I feel some of us senior people in the party should also go down to Perak. So, I offered myself for Bagan Datuk,” Shamsul told The Vibes.

Shamsul, 48, is considered a giant killer, having beaten then Melaka chief minister Tun Mohd Ali Rustam in the Bukit Katil parliamentary seat in the 2013 election. He retained the seat, which was renamed Hang Tuah Jaya in 2018.

- More -

Is Anwar missing his best shot to knock out Azmin, asks analyst
[Image: ceramah-anwar-bernama-221022.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: PKR president Anwar Ibrahim is missing out on the best chance to teach his former deputy Azmin Ali “a big lesson”, says an analyst.

On Thursday, Pakatan Harapan chairman Anwar confirmed he will contest the Tambun seat in the 15th general election (GE15), this after previously suggesting he will go for a seat held by one of the coalition’s “traitors”.

While he did not reveal which parliamentary seat he was referring to, political observers took this to mean he would face off against Azmin, the former Gombak MP whose defection from PKR along with 10 other party leaders resulted in the collapse of the PH government in February 2020 in an incident known as the Sheraton Move.

- More -
Bersatu candidates in Kelantan to use PAS logo
[Image: Pas-Flag-Bendera-Pas-bernama.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: Candidates from Bersatu will not use the Perikatan Nasional (PN) logo in Kelantan for the 15th general election (GE15), says the coalition’s chairman Muhyiddin Yassin.

He said Bersatu’s candidates, including two incumbents, will instead use the PAS logo.

“They will all contest under the PAS logo,” Utusan Malaysia quoted Muhyiddin as saying.

Mustapa Mohamed (Jeli) and Ikmal Hisham Abdul Aziz (Tanah Merah) both won their parliamentary seats under a Barisan Nasional (BN) ticket in the last general election (GE14) in 2018 before leaving Umno to join Bersatu.

- More -
GTA aims to contest in 10 parliamentary seats in Kedah
[Image: mukhriz-mahathir-bernama-240222-2.jpg]

ALOR SETAR: Gerakan Tanah Air (GTA) aims to contest in 10 parliamentary seats in Kedah in the 15th general election (GE15), says Pejuang president Mukhriz Mahathir.

He said the parliamentary seats are in the rural areas and considered to be Umno and PAS strongholds.

However, he said, GTA was still evaluating some of these seats and yet to decide whether or not to contest.

“Among others, we need to know the sentiment on the ground towards the current political situation, GTA, our preparations and whether we have suitable candidates,” he told a media conference today.

- More -
GE15: Mas Ermieyati to defend Masjid Tanah seat for PN
[Image: Mas-Ermieyati-Samsudin.jpg]
ALOR GAJAH: Incumbent Masjid Tanah MP Mas Ermieyati Samsudin has been named by the Perikatan Nasional (PN) to defend the seat in the 15th general election (GE15).

Her candidacy was announced by PN chairman Muhyiddin Yassin at the launch of the Melaka election machinery in Kampung Paya Lebar here last night.

- More -
I’ll let go of state seat, focus on Tambun, says Faizal Azumu
[Image: ahmad-faizal-azumu-bernama-210122-1.jpg]

“It isn’t because Anwar will contest in Tambun but rather, I think it’s good that we give other leaders a chance (in Chenderiang) considering that I have already had experience as a state assemblyman and even as Perak menteri besar,” Berita Harian quoted him as saying.

Faizal won the Tambun seat with a majority of 5,320 votes in GE14 under a PH ticket. He defeated Ahmad Husni Hanadzlah from Barisan Nasional and Ibrahim Zakaria (PAS) in a three-cornered fight.

- More -
Only perception game: PH’s Saifuddin dismisses working with Dr Mahathir
[Image: 25042022-KUL-Datuk_Seri_Saifuddin_Nasuti...RAN-11.jpg]

KUALA LUMPUR – Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad’s apparent offer to work with former nemesis Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim is merely an attempt to push a self-benefiting narrative, observed Pakatan Harapan (PH) secretary-general Datuk Seri Saifuddin Nasution Ismail.

Speaking to The Vibes, Saifuddin labelled the ostensible olive branch extended by Dr Mahathir as a political move aimed at besmirching the image of the PH coalition chairman.

“(Dr Mahathir) is playing a game of perception. He just wants to be able to say that (Anwar) is arrogant (if Anwar declines to work with him),” he said.

This follows the former two-time prime minister yesterday hinting at collaborating with his former deputy Anwar to face the 15th general election (GE15) together since they both have a “shared objective” to bring down politicians who have “ruined” the nation.

- More -
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37