Ipoh Community Forums

Full Version: Malaysia GE 15
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
Remember Johor? DAP sceptical of Umno’s ‘Ismail Sabri as PM’ proclamation
[Image: 17092022_-_Ismail_Sabri_at_launch_of_BN_...HMAN_1.jpg]

KUALA LUMPUR – DAP leaders refuse to buy into Umno’s assertion that Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob will remain as prime minister should the party return to federal power, amid allegations that party president Datuk Seri Ahmad Zahid Hamidi is tipped for the position.

Taking to Twitter, they cited the Johor election in March as an illustration of how an individual that has been nominated by Umno and tipped for the top post was later dropped for someone else.

During the state election, Umno had named Datuk Hasni Mohammad, who was the incumbent menteri besar then, as its sole candidate for the position.

However, after securing victory, Datuk Onn Hafiz Ghazi was instead sworn in as the new menteri besar, although there has been chatter within the party that this was rather down to an intervention by the state palace.

In a Twitter post this morning, incumbent Segambut MP and DAP assistant national publicity secretary Hannah Yeoh said the incident in Johor has already set a precedent that a poster boy named by Umno will not necessarily head the administration after winning the election.

- More -

“Use GE15 to vote out Malay supremacist narrative, corrupt politicians”
[Image: Transparency-international.png]

DECRYING the fate of non-Bumiputera Malaysians who have been treated indifferently by the powers that be, the National Patriots Association (PATRIOT) has urged all Malaysians who are eligible to vote to exercise their patriotic commitment towards building a colour-blind nation.

“Why then are the non-Bumiputeras looked upon differently over these past 60 years?” asked president of the ex-servicemen body Retired Brigadier General Datuk Mohamed Arshad Raji.

“Like many caring, concerned people, PATRIOT believes that the ethnic minorities in the country have been victimised by political leaders who are bent on playing the race and religion card to remain in power with their ketuanan Melayu (Malay supremacist) rhetoric.”

“What they have done all these years to the non-Bumiputeras is oppressive and cruel,” added Arshad.

He said the 15th General Election (GE15) is the best avenue to show politicians who lack moral grounds the exit door while enabling voters to usher in a corrupt-free and people-centred new Government.

- More -

Borneo states will be the biggest losers of GE15
[Image: Joe-Samad-New-0808191.jpg]
The coming general election is not the “mother of all general elections” as some might wish to describe it. Make no mistake, these parliamentary elections are about self-preservation, of Umno leaders trying to avoid prosecution on corruption charges.

It is good to remember that “mother” as a political appellation was used by Saddam Hussein of Iraq describing war with the United States as the “mother of all battles”, after which he was obliterated by the allied coalition.

- More -
Hanipa to be dropped as GE15 candidate?
[Image: MOHAMED_HANIPA_MAIDIN_PH_AMANAH_SEPANG_FMT_09122020.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: Amanah’s former Sepang MP Hanipa Maidin will likely be dropped as a candidate for the 15th general election (GE15) and replaced with another leader from the party.

A source close to the matter said the party was looking to field Aiman Athirah Sabu, the Wanita Amanah chief, whose candidacy is expected to be announced soon.

- More -
Umno’s Annuar ready to defend Ketereh in GE15
[Image: 20220703-KUL-Tan_Sri_Annuar_Musa_Hari_Ma...MRAN13.JPG]

PUTRAJAYA – Umno’s Tan Sri Annuar Musa is ready to defend the Ketereh parliamentary seat if he is re-nominated as a candidate in the looming 15th general election.

“Actually many people, not just me (want to be a candidate). If we have a desire to serve then there is a desire to be a candidate.

“... the party will decide, not us,” the Ketereh Umno chief told a press conference after launching the Malam Kemuncak Anugerah Seri Angkasa 2022 countdown here today.

- More -
MCA backs ex-president Tiong Lai for Bentong seat
[Image: Liow-Tiong-Lai-bernama.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: MCA wants its former president Liow Tiong Lai to contest the Bentong parliamentary seat for Barisan Nasional in the 15th general election (GE15).

China Press quoted MCA president Wee Ka Siong as saying the party had made this decision more than a year ago and was sticking with it.

- More -

Third time’s a charm: Tun M says he’s fit and well should he become PM again
[Image: DR-M.webp]

TWO-TIME former prime minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad said that he is healthy enough to work should he need to become prime minister for the third time after the 15th General Election (GE15).

According to the incumbent Langkawi MP, his intention to lead the country will only be determined if his coalition – Gerakan Tanah Air (GTA) – wins GE15 and if there is pressure for him to return to Putraajaya.

“So far, I can still function. I can still move about; I can still speak [and] I can still conduct negotiations. Even though I am older, I can still work,” he said at a press conference after a meeting with Parti Pejuang Tanah Air (Pejuang) and GTA leaders in Langkawi today (Oct 18).

“If they want to appoint me as prime minister, I will not say no but as much as possible I will not [want to].”

- More -
Wan Fayhsal open to contesting in Titiwangsa
[Image: Wan-Ahmad-Fayhsal-ARMADA-BERSATU-6.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: Bersatu Youth chief Wan Ahmad Fayhsal Wan Ahmad Kamal says he is open to contesting the Titiwangsa parliamentary seat in the coming general election (GE15).

He said this was in line with his position as head of the Titiwangsa Bersatu division.

“If you ask me where I am eligible to contest in, it’s Titiwangsa, because I am the head of the division there,” he told FMT.

“I have done work in Bagan Serai (Perak) but I know there is an incumbent (Bersatu) MP there. No matter what, I will follow the party’s instructions.

- More -
We’ll have official talks soon, PKR veep tells Muda
[Image: NIK_NAZMI_MP_SETIAWANGSA_PKR_FMT_03052021-2.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: PKR is ready to hold official discussions on seat allocation for the coming general election (GE15) with Muda, says party vice-president Nik Nazmi Nik Ahmad.

Nik Nazmi expressed hope that seat negotiations would be discussed “very soon” so that the matter could be finalised.

“We hope for a good resolution from the meeting,” Nik Nazmi told FMT, adding that he had met Muda president Syed Saddiq Syed Abdul Rahman this morning.

When asked about a Malaysiakini report which stated that Muda was mulling going solo in GE15 due to the lack of progress in talks with PH, he declined to comment.

- More -
Pejuang could work with PN, says Dr M
[Image: tun-mahathir-mohamad-muhyiddin-yassin-fmt-040320.jpg]

PUTRAJAYA: Pejuang chairman Dr Mahathir Mohamad says his party could work with Perikatan Nasional (PN) in the coming general election (GE15).

“We have to weigh (our options) and see first. If they have the same ideology as us then there is a possibility,” he told a press conference here.

- More -
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37