Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 667
» Latest member: manusiabiasa
» Forum threads: 8,162
» Forum posts: 11,120

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 490 online users.
» 1 Member(s) | 487 Guest(s)
Bing, Google, davy_agten

Latest Threads
How to Fix White Dot on S...
Forum: Technology
Last Post: anonymo
8 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 354
The Debate About Assignme...
8 hours ago
» Views: 220
The Israel Gaza conflict:...
Forum: Politics
Last Post: superadmin
11 hours ago
» Replies: 672
» Views: 63,441
Comping Eid In Dubai What...
Forum: Places of Interest
Last Post: manusiabiasa
Yesterday, 06:58 PM
» Views: 196
Malena Summer Mobile Nota...
Forum: General Discussion
Last Post: David_luke
Yesterday, 02:51 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 10
Caribbean Island Festival...
Forum: General Discussion
Last Post: John_hudson
Yesterday, 12:20 AM
» Views: 8
Die Fähigkeit von ChatGPT...
Forum: AI - Artificial Intelligence
Last Post: Jasper
04-26-2024, 04:03 PM
» Views: 15
Nature, Reality, & Buddhi...
Forum: Self-Development
Last Post: takso
04-26-2024, 11:29 AM
» Replies: 151
» Views: 20,778
Microsoft, Google drub qu...
Forum: Business, Economy and Investment
Last Post: superadmin
04-26-2024, 08:59 AM
» Views: 11
Assignment Help Saudi Ara...
04-26-2024, 12:38 AM
» Views: 290

How Singapore’s vibrant hawker culture – a ‘foodie’s delight’
Posted by: superadmin - 10-12-2020, 08:27 PM - Forum: Business, Economy and Investment - No Replies

How Singapore’s vibrant hawker culture – a ‘foodie’s delight’ – unifies its multiracial society
  • City state has applied to have its beloved hawker scene, which dates back to mid-1800s, recognised on Unesco List of Intangible Cultural Heritage
  • Thousands of owners of food stalls – popular with locals and tourists – form Facebook group to promote their businesses during Covid-19 outbreak

For more than three decades, hawker Melvin Chew has been selling traditional Teochew braised duck and kway chap – flat, broad rice noodles in a soup made with dark soy sauce served with a variety of pig innards – at Chinatown Complex Food Centre, located in Singapore’s city centre.

The 42-year-old Singaporean is one of thousands of hawkers who operate stalls in hawker centres around the city state, which are frequented by residents and tourists alike.

“In a hawker centre, you can see all sorts of food,” he says. “You can have Malay food, Indian food and Chinese food – a mass of varieties which you can hardly find in a restaurant.”

- Continue reading -

Print this item

Sarah Brightman - Scarborough Fair
Posted by: superadmin - 10-12-2020, 07:37 PM - Forum: English Songs - No Replies

Are you going to Scarborough Fair?
Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme
Remember me to one who lives there
He once was a true love of mine
Tell him to make me a cambric shirt
Without no seams nor needle work
Then he'll be a true love of mine
Have him wash it in yonder dry well
Where ne'er a drop of water e'er fell
And then he'll be a true love of mine
Tell him to find me an acre of land
Between salt water and the sea strands
Then he'll be a true love of mine
Tell him…

Print this item

Apple is about to hold ‘the most significant iPhone event in years’
Posted by: superadmin - 10-12-2020, 03:32 PM - Forum: Hand Phones, Tablets and OS - No Replies

• On Tuesday, Apple is holding a launch event where it will reveal this year’s iPhone lineup. 
  • This year’s iPhone launch is a significant one. It could be the first major case redesign since 2018 and the expectation that Apple’s new iPhones will support 5G cellular networks have investors hoping for a big upgrade cycle.
  • “We expect this fall’s launch to be the most significant iPhone event in years,” Morgan Stanley analyst Katy Huberty wrote this week.

On Tuesday, Apple is holding a launch event where it will reveal this year’s iPhone lineup.

In most years, Apple announces its iPhones in September, and they go on sale shortly after that. This year is different. Apple instead released new Apple Watches last month and pushed the iPhone announcement to October. The delay is an outgrowth of the Covid-19 pandemic, which disrupted electronics manufacturing and forced most Apple employees to work from home. 

Still, this year’s iPhone launch is significant. It is expected to include the first major exterior redesign since 2017, when Apple released the iPhone X with facial recognition. This year’s models will feature iPad-like edges with flatter sides, compared with the gently curving sides of the current iPhones.

Apple is also expected to release four separate iPhones at different screen sizes and prices -- a much wider range of devices than in the past.

Finally, at least some new iPhones will support 5G cellular networks, which promise faster download times (although the networks aren’t fully built out yet in the U.S., which could disappoint some users.)

- Continue reading -

Print this item

Trump takes his Covid misinformation machine back on the road
Posted by: superadmin - 10-12-2020, 03:07 PM - Forum: Politics - No Replies

(CNN)President Donald Trump takes his Covid denial tour back to the campaign trail Monday as the tense final stretch of an election now three weeks away gets a fresh jolt with Senate hearings on his Supreme Court pick Amy Coney Barrett.

Trump, who announced Sunday, without providing evidence, that he has tested "totally negative" after his bout with the virus, plans to hold his first rally since his diagnosis was publicly disclosed, in Florida, in what risks turning into yet another super spreader event.

"I'm immune. So, the President is in very good shape to fight the battles," Trump said on Fox's "Sunday Morning Futures," in comments that misrepresented his own capacity to spread the virus if he is exposed to it again. A tweet along the same lines earned a warning from Twitter that the President was spreading misleading information about the virus. The President's proclamations about his own health followed another opaque memo from his physician, who cleared Trump to end isolation but who hasn't taken reporters' questions in a week.

- Continue reading -

Print this item

Police summons Anwar over leaked document listing 121 MPs who backed him as PM
Posted by: superadmin - 10-12-2020, 02:57 PM - Forum: Politics - No Replies

Bukit Aman summons Anwar over leaked document listing 121 MPs who purportedly back him as PM
KUALA LUMPUR, Oct 12 — The police have confirmed they will be calling in PKR president Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim to record his statement, following the lodging of a police report after a list of 121 MPs who purportedly support him as the next prime minister was leaked to the public.

Criminal Investigation Department director CP Datuk Huzir Mohamed said the investigation began after Umno’s Jerantut MP Datuk Ahmad Nazlan Idris lodged a police report on Friday over the matter.

- Continue reading -

Print this item

Novel coronavirus survives 28 days on glass, currency, Australian researchers find
Posted by: superadmin - 10-12-2020, 09:58 AM - Forum: Covid-19 Pandemic - No Replies

MELBOURNE, Oct 12 — The virus that causes Covid-19 can survive on banknotes, glass and stainless steel for up to 28 days, much longer than the flu virus, Australian researchers said today, highlighting the need for cleaning and handwashing to combat the virus.

Researchers at Australia's national science agency, CSIRO, found that at 20 degrees Celsius (68 degrees Fahrenheit) the SARS-COV-2 virus remained infectious for 28 days on smooth surfaces such as plastic banknotes and glass found on mobile phone screens. The study was published in Virology Journal.

- Continue reading -

Print this item

Gerak Independent wants Malaysians to retake political power from parties
Posted by: superadmin - 10-12-2020, 05:56 AM - Forum: Politics - No Replies

KUALA LUMPUR, Oct 12 — The fall of Barisan Nasional in 2018 after six decades in power changed Malaysia’s political landscape.

It has opened up avenues to more political players heading into the next general election, including a group of NGOs called Gerak Independent with a unique premise.

The group is a collaboration between Malaysian Action for Justice, Unity Foundation (Maju), I Am The Third Force, KitaBantuKita, and Malaysia First.

- Continue reading -

Print this item

Secret Garden - Sleepsong
Posted by: superadmin - 10-11-2020, 11:02 PM - Forum: English Songs - No Replies

Secret Garden - Sleepsong

Loo-li, loo-li, loo-li, lai-lay
Loo-li, loo-li, loo-li lai-lay
Lay down your head and I'll sing you a lullaby
Back to the years of loo-li lai-lay
And I'll sing you to sleep and I'll sing you tomorrow
Bless you with love for the road that you go
May you sail far to the far fields of fortune
With diamonds and pearls at your head and your feet
And may you need never to banish misfortune
May you find kindness in all that you meet
May there always be angels to watch over you
To guide you each step of the way
To guard you and keep you safe from all harm
Loo-li, loo-li, lai-lay
May you bring love and may you bring happiness
Be loved in return to the end of your days
Now fall off to sleep, I'm not meaning to keep you
I'll just sit for a while and sing loo-li, lai-lay
May there always be angels to watch over you
To guide you each step of the way
To guard you and keep you safe from all harm
Loo-li, loo-li, lai-lay, loo-li, loo-li, lai-lay
Loo-li, loo-li, loo-li, lai-lay
Loo-li, lai-lay

Print this item

Protect aviation sector from impact of Covid-19, Nufam tells Putrajaya
Posted by: superadmin - 10-11-2020, 07:05 PM - Forum: Business. Economy and Investment - No Replies

PETALING JAYA: The National Union of Flight Attendants Malaysia (Nufam) has urged the government to play a bigger role by setting up a special committee to protect both airline businesses and staff from an economic downturn.

In a statement today, Nufam said this would help airlines and thousands of employees survive at a time when Covid-19 travel restrictions have greatly impacted the industry.

The union said it was waiting for a response from the transport ministry and those in the aviation sector to discuss the matter.

It warned the ministry not to make any decisions without consulting workers’ unions and associations first, and urged the government to avoid merging airlines as it would further impact airline staff.

- Continue reading -

Print this item

WHEN LIFE HITS YOU - Powerful Motivational Video 2020
Posted by: superadmin - 10-11-2020, 03:43 PM - Forum: Inspiring Stories - No Replies

Print this item