Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 696
» Latest member: Yara Ivalu
» Forum threads: 8,206
» Forum posts: 11,296

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 469 online users.
» 1 Member(s) | 465 Guest(s)
Bing, Facebook, Google, davy_agten

Latest Threads
The Israel Gaza conflict:...
Forum: Politics
Last Post: superadmin
55 minutes ago
» Replies: 764
» Views: 86,836
Multipolar World Order, E...
2 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Nature, Reality, & Buddhi...
Forum: Self-Development
Last Post: takso
4 hours ago
» Replies: 161
» Views: 26,466
ALIEN Races Are Coming To...
Forum: Interesting Videos
5 hours ago
» Views: 1
Navigating Bad Reviews: T...
Forum: General Discussion
Last Post: Yara Ivalu
Today, 12:00 AM
» Views: 7
Air pollution is a seriou...
Forum: Travels
Last Post: Sego1
Yesterday, 06:36 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 17
Kallar Kahar, Pakistan
Yesterday, 06:27 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 14
cheap tours in las vegas
Yesterday, 06:24 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 35
My hobbies
Last Post: Bella
Yesterday, 11:49 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 57
Decoding Democracy: Abby ...
Yesterday, 09:40 AM
» Views: 10

Bersatu left out in the cold as Umno, PAS agree to officially register MN
Posted by: superadmin - 10-20-2020, 03:30 PM - Forum: Politics - No Replies

Bersatu left out in the cold as Umno, PAS agree to officially register Muafakat Nasional
KUALA LUMPUR, Oct 20 — Umno and PAS have agreed to officially register Muafakat Nasional (MN) as a political coalition with the Registrar of Societies (RoS).
In a joint statement today, MN secretary-general I Tan Sri Annuar Musa of Umno and MN secretary-general II Datuk Takiyuddin Hassan of PAS stated that both Malay-centric parties will move forward by enhancing their political cooperation with one another.

“The Muafakat Nasional leadership have agreed in consensus to give our commitment to further enhancing the unity and cooperation between the parties in preparation for the upcoming GE15.

“The leadership of both parties have agreed to register Muafakat Nasional officially with the Registrar of Societies Malaysia,’’ said the statement.

Print this item

US 2020 election: Who does China really want to win?
Posted by: superadmin - 10-20-2020, 11:57 AM - Forum: Politics - No Replies

As arguably the most consequential exercises in democracy on the planet, they are always closely followed by government officials in Beijing.

But as potential reminders of just how little choice 1.4 billion people are given over their own political future, media coverage in China is tightly controlled.

This time round though, in a US election defined by a still spiralling pandemic, a shattered economic landscape and deep political polarisation, China senses that something has changed.

It is not Chinese authoritarianism but western democracy that suddenly seems to be facing a crisis of legitimacy.

The world's freest and wealthiest economy, once thought to be so much better placed to fight the virus with its tools of transparency and accountability, has fallen well short.

While China, despite an initial cover-up thought to expose its inherent weaknesses, has gone on to use the sweeping powers of a unitary, surveillance state to test and quarantine people at will, en masse and to great effect.

Factories, shops, restaurants, schools and universities are all open, passenger numbers on public transport are just a little below average, and it is the only major economy expected to grow, rather than shrink this year.

- Continue reading -

Print this item

It’s the city of Subang Jaya from today
Posted by: superadmin - 10-20-2020, 11:47 AM - Forum: Local News - No Replies

PETALING JAYA: Subang Jaya has been officially declared a city after receiving the consent from the Sultan of Selangor, Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah.

Menteri Besar Amirudin Shari said the Subang Jaya Municipal Council (MPSJ) will be known as the Subang Jaya City Council (MBSJ) from today.

He also announced that MPSJ president Noraini Roslan has been appointed the mayor of Subang Jaya effective immediately.
“May the sustainable development of Subang Jaya and its surrounding localities continue to be enhanced through its world-class service delivery system.

- More -

Print this item

South Korea’s SK Hynix to buy Intel’s NAND memory chip business for $9 billion
Posted by: superadmin - 10-20-2020, 11:40 AM - Forum: Business, Economy and Investment - No Replies

• Intel has agreed to sell its NAND memory chip business to SK Hynix for $9 billion in an all-cash deal that would propel the South Korean chipmaker to second in the global rankings.
  • The deal will allow SK Hynix to overtake Japan’s Kioxia in the NAND memory market, and narrow the gap with market leader Samsung Electronics as the shift to work-from-home boosts demand for chips used in tablets and servers.
  • SK Hynix said Intel would sell all of its NAND business including its solid-state drive business, NAND product and wafer business, and its factory in Dalian, China. Intel would keep its Optane business, its advanced memory technology.

Intel has agreed to sell its NAND memory chip business to SK Hynix for $9 billion in an all-cash deal that would propel the South Korean chipmaker to second in the global rankings.

The deal will allow SK Hynix to overtake Japan’s Kioxia in the NAND memory market, and narrow the gap with market leader Samsung Electronics as the shift to work-from-home boosts demand for chips used in tablets and servers.

SK Hynix said Intel would sell all of its NAND business including its solid-state drive business, NAND product and wafer business, and its factory in Dalian, China. Intel would keep its Optane business, its advanced memory technology.

- Continue reading -

Print this item

Man turns love for cheese into a full-fledged business
Posted by: superadmin - 10-20-2020, 07:46 AM - Forum: Inspiring Stories - No Replies

PETALING JAYA: The late Anthony Bourdain once said: “You have to be a romantic to invest yourself, your money, and your time in cheese.”

That would pretty much sum-up the love affair Dexter Lim has with cheese, willing as he was to give up a 12-year career as a property investor to plunge headlong into cheesemaking.

FMT recently met up with Lim, 40, the founder of D’ Artisan Handmade Cheese, in his double-story Desa Park City home studio, where he churns out 49 different types of cheeses on a regular basis

- Continue reading -.

Print this item

To Love WHO YOU ARE (Meant For You)
Posted by: superadmin - 10-19-2020, 07:45 PM - Forum: English Songs - No Replies

"Some will stay, some will go
Always remember
They don’t define who you are
Let them stay, let them go
Never forget
You gotta love who you are
And those who love the real you
Are meant for you"

Print this item

TAKE CHANCES EVERY DAY
Posted by: superadmin - 10-19-2020, 07:33 PM - Forum: English Songs - No Replies

This Song Will Inspire You To Let Go

"Lately I’ve been going nowhere
Keep getting in my own way,
nobody but myself to blame
Perfection never is the answer
I’m never gonna make it far,
if fear’s my only Northern star
So I’m trying,
to not be afraid
Yeah, I’m learning
to trust myself anyways
I’ve lost too much time and joy,
that can never be replaced
So I’m choosing
to take chances everyday
Every new day brings opportunity
to be better than I was before
and love myself a little more
Don’t need to have all the answers
to be ready to make a change,
no I don’t want to live this way
So I’m trying
to not be afraid
Yeah, I’m learning
to trust myself anyways"

Print this item

27-storey serviced apartment development in Ipoh Garden
Posted by: eva_bougainvillea - 10-19-2020, 06:13 PM - Forum: Ipoh Residential Areas - No Replies

" ... plans for the construction of a 27-storey service apartment building on a 0.2ha land adjacent to the field"

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2...heir-homes

Any information about this development? This is gonna tower over the residential houses around the area. Ipoh Garden won't be the same again  Cry

Print this item

Covid-19: Three more schools in Perak ordered to close
Posted by: superadmin - 10-19-2020, 03:09 PM - Forum: Covid-19 Pandemic - No Replies

Covid-19: Three more schools in Perak ordered to close
BAGAN SERAI, Oct 19 — Three schools in Perak have been ordered to close for seven days from today due to the Covid-19 infection among their students.
State Education, Human Capital Development, NGO and Civil Society Committee chairman Razman Zakaria listed the schools as Sekolah Kebangsaan (SK) Tanah Kebun in Parit Buntar, SK Klebang Jaya and Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan (SMK) Aminuddin Baki, Chemor, both in Ipoh.

He said he was informed about the Covid-19 positive cases involving students of the affected schools last Friday (October 16).

“The letter ordering the schools to close for seven days until October 25 has been issued by the State Education Department and sent to the schools concerned to facilitate and cleaning and disinfection work,” he told a press conference here today.

Print this item

Alibaba increases stranglehold on Chinese shoppers
Posted by: superadmin - 10-19-2020, 03:01 PM - Forum: Business, Economy and Investment - No Replies

Chinese tech giant Alibaba will take control of leading hypermarket and supermarket chain Sun Art Retailing.

The tech titan is looking to boost its offline shopping services and gain further ground in China's booming retail market.

Alibaba is already China's biggest e-commerce player and owns Taobao, the world's largest online marketplace.

Sun Art is currently controlled by a unit of Mulliez family investments - one of the richest families in France.

Alibaba will pay HK$28bn (US$3.6bn, £2.bn) to raise its stake in the Hong Kong-listed Sun Art from 21% to 72% according to a company statement.

- Continue reading -

Print this item