Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 1,217
» Latest member: bestsopwriters
» Forum threads: 8,650
» Forum posts: 12,653

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 158 online users.
» 2 Member(s) | 152 Guest(s)
Applebot, Bing, Facebook, Google, davy_agten, paul

Latest Threads
The Israel Gaza conflict:...
Forum: Politics
Last Post: superadmin
1 hour ago
» Replies: 1,111
» Views: 242,195
How to Migrate Rackspace ...
Forum: Technology
Last Post: anonymo
9 hours ago
» Replies: 4
» Views: 209
Michael A Durney: Bestsel...
Forum: General Discussion
Last Post: admire
11 hours ago
» Replies: 5
» Views: 811
Best ED Pills And Where T...
Forum: Health News
Last Post: davidbrownm05
Yesterday, 07:58 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 10
Coursework Companion: A C...
Forum: Educations
Last Post: naomismith
Yesterday, 07:36 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 424
How to Convert NSF to MSG...
Last Post: Ryancooper
Yesterday, 07:08 PM
» Views: 17
OST to PST Converter Soft...
Forum: Computer Software
Last Post: sjax240
Yesterday, 06:15 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 1,608
New China at 75: Boosting...
Forum: Business, Economy and Investment
Last Post: superadmin
Yesterday, 04:59 PM
» Views: 15
How do I use disneyplus.c...
Last Post: bahrwalter48
Yesterday, 02:48 PM
» Views: 17
I love to visit
Forum: Places of Interest
Last Post: kochiva
Yesterday, 02:13 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2,054

China-Africa trade hits record $185 billion in first 9 months
Posted by: superadmin - 11-17-2021, 08:18 PM - Forum: Business, Economy and Investment - No Replies

[Image: cbd9aac95a7d4ea69b66eec73cc41341.jpeg]

China-Africa trade reached $185.2 billion between January and September of this year, up 38.2 percent year on year, establishing a new record for the period, Chinese Vice Commerce Minister Qian Keming said on Wednesday.

China has become Africa's largest trading partner over the last 12 consecutive years, and its exports of machinery and daily necessities have well met the production and living needs of the African people. 

Africa is also an important source of mineral resources for China, which plays a very important role in maintaining the stability of the country's industrial chain.

In the first nine months, China's foreign direct investment in Africa went up 9.9 percent compared with a year ago to $2.59 billion, according to the vice minister. The growth rate was 3 percentage points higher than the country's overall foreign investment and exceeded the level of the same period in 2019 before the COVID-19 pandemic.

- More -

Print this item

Australia to wall off sensitive tech from China
Posted by: superadmin - 11-17-2021, 07:56 PM - Forum: Politics - No Replies

[Image: 11122020-ScottMorrisson-AFP.jpg]

SYDNEY – Australia today announced measures to ring-fence dozens of sensitive technologies from foreign interference, stepping up efforts to safeguard against “national security risks” from China and others.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison unveiled a list of 63 “critical technologies” to be promoted and protected at an online forum in Sydney – a step towards limiting what the government, industry and universities can and cannot share with foreign counterparts.

The list includes 5G communications, quantum technologies – which are based on the physics of sub-atomic particles – artificial intelligence, advanced magnets, 3D printing, drones and vaccines.

The measures aim to “balance the economic opportunities of critical technologies with their national security risks”, Morrison told a forum hosted by the Australian Strategic Policy Institute.

- More -

Print this item

PN to decide on cooperation only after Melaka polls, says Muhyiddin
Posted by: superadmin - 11-17-2021, 07:51 PM - Forum: Politics - No Replies

[Image: 8_MUHYIDDIN_YASSIN_PRESIDENT_PN_FMT_15112021.jpg]

KUALA LUMPUR: Perikatan Nasional (PN) chairman Muhyiddin Yassin said today that any form of cooperation between his coalition and other parties will only be decided after the Melaka state election.

He said he was “non-committal” on the issue as of now.

“I did not say we were prepared to cooperate or not to cooperate. My answer should not be twisted by the media to say I am ready, I did not say so, I am non-committal,” Muhyiddin, who is also the chairman of the National Recovery Council, told reporters after a meeting with the British Malaysia Chamber of Commerce here today.

“I want to see the results of the election and after that, we will set our strategies to make our next move.”

- More -

Print this item

China's War on Poverty!
Posted by: superadmin - 11-17-2021, 06:19 PM - Forum: Business, Economy and Investment - No Replies

Print this item

Govt says ‘no’ to new laws on discrimination, hate speech
Posted by: superadmin - 11-17-2021, 02:26 PM - Forum: Politics - No Replies

[Image: 20210805-wan_ahmad_fayhsal_wan_ahmad_kamal-bernama.jpg]

KUALA LUMPUR – Malaysia does not have to create new laws to counter race-based prejudice and hate speech as current legislation on these issues is sufficient, said Deputy National Unity Minister Wan Ahmad Fayhsal Wan Ahmad.

He said this is because those who intentionally incite incidents that threaten national unity and harmony in the country can face action under a slew of acts.

Wan Fayhsal said this includes the Communications and Multimedia Act 1998 on the inappropriate use of facilities and network services, and other laws that touch on criminal intimidation, creating racial disunity and disrupting public order.

Wan Fayhsal also pointed to the Sedition Act 1948, which can be used to prevent threats to national unity.

“Therefore, this ministry is of the opinion that there is no need to create new legislation such as the racial harmony law or Race Relations Act as existing laws are in line with the Keluarga Malaysia concept, which upholds national integration, harmony, understanding and stability,” he said in Dewan Rakyat this morning.

- More -

Print this item

Previous Melaka BN govt spent millions of ringgit meant for fishermen: Adly
Posted by: superadmin - 11-17-2021, 12:15 PM - Forum: Politics - No Replies

[Image: 20211117-adly_zahari-bernama.jpeg]

MELAKA – A total of RM33 million in fishermen’s funds were used up by the Barisan Nasional (BN) Melaka government prior to the 2018 general election, according to Adly Zahari, Pakatan Harapan’s (PH) chief ministerial choice in conjunction with the upcoming state polls.

The Amanah man said this made it difficult for PH, which took over the state after the general election, to properly compensate fishermen for the Tg Bruas Port expansion project as promised during its time in power.

Speaking at a press conference, Adly, who will be defending the Bukit Katil seat in the election on Saturday, explained that the special allocation had been included as part of the state government’s consolidated fund together with other tax revenues during that BN era.

- More -

Print this item

Umno, PAS could cooperate in GE, says Tok Mat
Posted by: superadmin - 11-17-2021, 12:02 PM - Forum: Politics - No Replies

[Image: Tok-Mat-24-March-2021-FMT2.jpg]

AYER KEROH: The Umno-PAS clashes in the coming Melaka polls do not mean that the two parties cannot work together for the next general election (GE15), according to Umno deputy president Mohamad Hasan.

In an interview with FMT, Mohamad, who is also the Barisan Nasional (BN) deputy chairman, disclosed that the party had tried to avoid clashing with its Muafakat Nasional (MN) ally.

“We reached out to PAS to ask it to be with us,” Mohamad said. “We offered it seats although it did not win anything in Melaka in GE14.”

In the Nov 20 state election, Umno and PAS will clash in seven contests.

- More -

Print this item

Unconstitutional to refuse renewal of gaming licence, says lawyer
Posted by: superadmin - 11-17-2021, 11:56 AM - Forum: Politics - No Replies

[Image: TOTO_4D_CMCO_FMT_15012021-1.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: The Kedah government’s decision to ban gaming by not renewing the business licences of such outlets is unconstitutional, a lawyer said.

Syed Iskandar Syed Jaafar al-Mahdzar said this was because the PAS-led state government would be infringing on the legitimate livelihood of businessmen operating by way of licensing.

“Not to renew their licences is actually acting contrary to Article 5 (right to livelihood) and Article 13 (right to property) of the constitution,” he told FMT, adding that the constitution was supreme because Malaysia is a secular state.

The lawyer said an adversely affected businessman running a gaming outlet could file for a judicial review in line with a recent Federal Court ruling (Anwar Ibrahim v The National Security Council).

- More -

Print this item

I was never aligned with you, Ginie Lim tells Azmin
Posted by: superadmin - 11-17-2021, 11:52 AM - Forum: Politics - No Replies

[Image: Ginie-Lim-Azmin-Ali.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: PKR’s Ginie Lim has hit out at Bersatu Supreme Council member Azmin Ali for claiming that she had been dropped as a candidate in the Melaka polls for being aligned with him.

In a Facebook post, Lim, who is the Alor Gajah PKR chief, said a reformist activist’s loyalty would lie with a party’s struggles and not as an individual.

She said although Azmin used to be the deputy PKR president, it was sad that a person who had supposedly fought against corruption and for the different races for more than 20 years had given in to a party that “embodies racism and corruption”.

She said PN was running out of issues and was diverting attention from the problems affecting the people.

- More -

Print this item

COMMENT | Ban of 4D was a classic three-act play by Sanusi
Posted by: superadmin - 11-17-2021, 11:49 AM - Forum: Politics - No Replies

[Image: b368497800f7d8d60a17d4b973017d7a.jpeg=s800]

By James Chai

COMMENT | Kedah MB Muhammad Sanusi Md Nor has a way of overexplaining himself. In a strange way, the decision to not renew gaming outlet licences – effectively banning them – became more than just that.

There are three categories of Sanusi’s justifications:

1. Uneasy relationship with the minorities: “I am a Muslim who is prohibited from gambling. In the afterlife I will be asked, ‘What have you done about gambling?’ If I said I didn’t do anything, I will be whacked. While I have power, it’s better I use them.”

2. Trivialising the negative impact: “Many other companies affected by Covid-19 pandemic have ventured into new businesses at their premises, with a furniture shop being turned into an eatery, a barbershop turned into a beauty salon… there are many things [gaming outlets] can do [other than gaming].” Sanusi told gaming outlet operators to be creative to explore new business opportunities.

- More -

Print this item