Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 1,112
» Latest member: iteducation92
» Forum threads: 8,562
» Forum posts: 12,384

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 245 online users.
» 1 Member(s) | 240 Guest(s)
Bing, Facebook, Google, Yandex, davy_agten

Latest Threads
This is Why Chinese Econo...
Forum: Business, Economy and Investment
Last Post: superadmin
51 minutes ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
The Israel Gaza conflict:...
Forum: Politics
Last Post: superadmin
2 hours ago
» Replies: 1,051
» Views: 221,898
How to Migrate OST Files ...
Forum: Technology
Last Post: rosefresh
Yesterday, 04:52 PM
» Views: 11
Nature, Reality, & Buddhi...
Forum: Self-Development
Last Post: takso
Yesterday, 02:56 PM
» Replies: 212
» Views: 56,928
dedicated office space
Forum: General Discussion
Last Post: Officelocal
Yesterday, 02:33 AM
» Views: 16
Times Ghost Writers: Prof...
Forum: Self-Development
Last Post: ryanpatrick
09-06-2024, 09:16 PM
Simplify Your Document Ma...
Forum: Computer Software
Last Post: pdfrani
09-06-2024, 08:21 PM
» Views: 18
Paper Core Cutting Machin...
Last Post: JYD paper tube machine
09-06-2024, 07:18 PM
How Are Paper Tubes Made?
09-06-2024, 07:16 PM
» Views: 12
How To Choose Automatic P...
09-06-2024, 07:13 PM
» Views: 12

TAKE CHANCES EVERY DAY
Posted by: superadmin - 10-19-2020, 07:33 PM - Forum: English Songs - No Replies

This Song Will Inspire You To Let Go

"Lately I’ve been going nowhere
Keep getting in my own way,
nobody but myself to blame
Perfection never is the answer
I’m never gonna make it far,
if fear’s my only Northern star
So I’m trying,
to not be afraid
Yeah, I’m learning
to trust myself anyways
I’ve lost too much time and joy,
that can never be replaced
So I’m choosing
to take chances everyday
Every new day brings opportunity
to be better than I was before
and love myself a little more
Don’t need to have all the answers
to be ready to make a change,
no I don’t want to live this way
So I’m trying
to not be afraid
Yeah, I’m learning
to trust myself anyways"

Print this item

27-storey serviced apartment development in Ipoh Garden
Posted by: eva_bougainvillea - 10-19-2020, 06:13 PM - Forum: Ipoh Residential Areas - No Replies

" ... plans for the construction of a 27-storey service apartment building on a 0.2ha land adjacent to the field"

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2...heir-homes

Any information about this development? This is gonna tower over the residential houses around the area. Ipoh Garden won't be the same again  Cry

Print this item

Covid-19: Three more schools in Perak ordered to close
Posted by: superadmin - 10-19-2020, 03:09 PM - Forum: Covid-19 Pandemic - No Replies

Covid-19: Three more schools in Perak ordered to close
BAGAN SERAI, Oct 19 — Three schools in Perak have been ordered to close for seven days from today due to the Covid-19 infection among their students.
State Education, Human Capital Development, NGO and Civil Society Committee chairman Razman Zakaria listed the schools as Sekolah Kebangsaan (SK) Tanah Kebun in Parit Buntar, SK Klebang Jaya and Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan (SMK) Aminuddin Baki, Chemor, both in Ipoh.

He said he was informed about the Covid-19 positive cases involving students of the affected schools last Friday (October 16).

“The letter ordering the schools to close for seven days until October 25 has been issued by the State Education Department and sent to the schools concerned to facilitate and cleaning and disinfection work,” he told a press conference here today.

Print this item

Alibaba increases stranglehold on Chinese shoppers
Posted by: superadmin - 10-19-2020, 03:01 PM - Forum: Business, Economy and Investment - No Replies

Chinese tech giant Alibaba will take control of leading hypermarket and supermarket chain Sun Art Retailing.

The tech titan is looking to boost its offline shopping services and gain further ground in China's booming retail market.

Alibaba is already China's biggest e-commerce player and owns Taobao, the world's largest online marketplace.

Sun Art is currently controlled by a unit of Mulliez family investments - one of the richest families in France.

Alibaba will pay HK$28bn (US$3.6bn, £2.bn) to raise its stake in the Hong Kong-listed Sun Art from 21% to 72% according to a company statement.

- Continue reading -

Print this item

China says its economy grew 4.9% in the third quarter
Posted by: superadmin - 10-19-2020, 02:19 PM - Forum: Business, Economy and Investment - No Replies

• China's economy recovered further from the coronavirus in the third quarter, according to data released Monday by the National Bureau of Statistics.

• The world's second-largest economy reported third-quarter GDP growth on the low end of expectations, up 4.9% from a year ago. That brings growth for the first three quarters of the year to 0.7% from a year ago.

• Slower recovery in Chinese consumption remained a drag, with retail sales contracting 7.2% in the first nine months of 2020 from a year ago.

BEIJING — China's economy recovered further from the coronavirus in the third quarter, according to data released Monday by the National Bureau of Statistics.

The world's second-largest economy reported third-quarter GDP growth on the low end of expectations, up 4.9% from a year ago. That brings growth for the first three quarters of the year to 0.7% from a year ago.

Chinese economists expected GDP growth of 5.2% in the third quarter, according to an average of estimates compiled by Wind Information, a financial information database.

Slower recovery in Chinese consumption remained a drag, while uncertainty persisted about the ability of other countries to control the coronavirus pandemic and return to economic growth.

- Continue reading -

Print this item

Covid-19 crisis would have to be 'really, really bad' to implement a national lockdow
Posted by: superadmin - 10-19-2020, 10:33 AM - Forum: Covid-19 Pandemic - No Replies

Covid-19 crisis would have to be 'really, really bad' to implement a national lockdown, Fauci says
(CNN)Despite the US seeing a rise in Covid-19 cases and deaths, Dr. Anthony Fauci says that things would have to get "really, really bad" for him to advocate for a national lockdown.

The US is averaging more than 55,000 new cases a day -- up more than 60% since a mid-September dip -- and experts say the country is in the midst of the dreaded fall surge. On Friday, the US reported the most infections in a single day since July. As of Saturday, more than 8.1 million cases of the virus had been reported in the US and 219,666 people have died, according to Johns Hopkins University.

- Continue reading -

Print this item

14-year-old girl won $25K for a discovery that could lead to a cure for Covid-19
Posted by: superadmin - 10-19-2020, 10:17 AM - Forum: Covid-19 Pandemic - No Replies

This 14-year-old girl won a $25K prize for a discovery that could lead to a cure for Covid-19

(CNN)As scientists around the world race to find a treatment for the coronavirus, a young girl among them stands out.

Anika Chebrolu, a 14-year-old from Frisco, Texas, has just won the 2020 3M Young Scientist Challenge -- and a $25,000 prize -- for a discovery that could provide a potential therapy to Covid-19.

Anika's winning invention uses in-silico methodology to discover a lead molecule that can selectively bind to the spike protein of the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

"The last two days, I saw that there is a lot of media hype about my project since it involves the SARS-CoV-2 virus and it reflects our collective hopes to end this pandemic as I, like everyone else, wish that we go back to our normal lives soon," Anika told CNN.

- Continue reading -

Print this item

Break political deadlock and focus on economy, leaders told
Posted by: superadmin - 10-19-2020, 10:01 AM - Forum: Politics - No Replies

Break political deadlock and focus on economy, leaders told
PETALING JAYA: Politicians have been urged to resolve their disputes over the reins of power as soon as possible before the political uncertainty dampens economic growth.
An economist, Yeah Kim Leng of Sunway University, said political uncertainties are a distraction as attention and resources are diverted to the country’s political climate rather than the economy.

Malaysian Employers Federation executive director Shamsuddin Bardan said investors’ confidence may be eroded if the political process takes too long to resolve the impasse about who will run the government.

“Once the question of legitimacy of the government is resolved, the focus will then move to the economy,” Yeah told FMT.

Print this item

As Muhyiddin’s critics swell in Umno, analysts question how long PN rule can last
Posted by: superadmin - 10-19-2020, 09:57 AM - Forum: Politics - No Replies

As Muhyiddin’s critics swell in Umno, analysts question how much longer Perikatan rule can last
KUALA LUMPUR, Oct 19 — Speculation that Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin’s hold on power is diminishing has been gaining momentum in recent weeks as Umno warlords push their leaders to disassociate the party from the Perikatan Nasional (PN) government.

In the past week, discontent against Muhyiddin has been swelling within Umno. One veteran lawmaker has backed calls for a no-confidence motion to be tabled against the PM when Parliament reconvenes in two more weeks.

On the back of this is a letter circulating on social media over the weekend that mentioned Datuk Seri Ahmad Zahid Hamidi purporting Umno’s full support for Opposition Leader Datuk Seri Anwar to replace Muhyiddin.

- Continue reading -

Print this item

Pharrell Williams - Happy
Posted by: superadmin - 10-18-2020, 07:05 PM - Forum: English Songs - No Replies

Happy
It might seem crazy what I'm 'bout to say
Sunshine she's here, you can take a break
I'm a hot air balloon that could go to space
With the air, like I don't care baby by the way
Huh, because I'm happy
Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof
Because I'm happy
Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth
Because I'm happy
Clap along if you know what happiness is to you
Because I'm happy