Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 1,149
» Latest member: CharlesMartin
» Forum threads: 8,588
» Forum posts: 12,466

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 467 online users.
» 1 Member(s) | 462 Guest(s)
Applebot, Bing, Google, Yandex, davy_agten

Latest Threads
RMM and PSA
Forum: Places of Interest
Last Post: FazalGR
4 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
"We are in a very, very d...
Forum: Politics
Last Post: superadmin
5 hours ago
» Views: 1
The Israel Gaza conflict:...
Forum: Politics
Last Post: superadmin
6 hours ago
» Replies: 1,069
» Views: 229,661
The Debate About Assignme...
Forum: Technology
Last Post: Alexjohnson
8 hours ago
» Replies: 5
» Views: 1,170
Malena Summer Mobile Nota...
Forum: General Discussion
Last Post: lopez3298
9 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 323
How to Import OST File in...
Last Post: Ryancooper
10 hours ago
» Views: 4
Women Healthcare NGO for ...
Forum: Health News
Last Post: martin gilbert
10 hours ago
» Views: 9
How can We Convert Outloo...
Forum: Computer Software
Last Post: halljoe
10 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 390
In Malaysia, love overpow...
Forum: Inspiring Stories
Last Post: johnery
11 hours ago
» Replies: 11
» Views: 2,088
Faster solution to conver...
Last Post: louisyoung044
Yesterday, 12:45 PM
» Views: 9

The US government will sue Google for alleged anticompetitive abuses in search
Posted by: superadmin - 10-20-2020, 09:49 PM - Forum: Business, Economy and Investment - No Replies

The US government will sue Google for alleged anticompetitive abuses in search
Washington (CNN Business)The Trump administration will sue Google on Tuesday in what is the largest antitrust case against a tech company in more than two decades.
In its complaint, the Justice Department is expected to make sweeping allegations that Google (GOOG) has stifled competition to maintain its powerful position in the marketplace for online search, according to two people familiar with the matter.

Also joining the US government's complaint will be 11 states including Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, South Carolina and Texas, according to public court records.

Google did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The landmark federal complaint follows a year-long antitrust probe by DOJ investigators. And it comes on the heels of a major congressional report finding that Google and other tech giants enjoy "monopoly power" and have wielded their dominance in anticompetitive ways. That report alleges that Amazon has mistreated third-party sellers; that Apple's app store fees and policies are anti-competitive; and that Facebook has sought to eliminate future rivals through targeted acquisitions.

Print this item

I regret working with Dr Mahathir, says Ramkarpal
Posted by: superadmin - 10-20-2020, 06:26 PM - Forum: Politics - No Replies

PETALING JAYA: DAP’s Ramkarpal Singh has hit out at Dr Mahathir Mohamad, saying he regrets ever working with the former prime minister.
In a Facebook post, the Bukit Gelugor MP lamented the state the country is in today, saying Mahathir was to blame for it.

“You are why this country needs reform. And today you say you want to ‘save the country’?You’re the last person who can,” he said, admitting however, that he used to believe Mahathir.

Ramkarpal then took aim at the Langkawi MP’s new party Pejuang’s recent statement backing him to be the next prime minister.

“As a Malaysian I must ask myself, isn’t there anybody else?

“Are we going to appoint the same person who promised the country that he will pass over the baton to Anwar Ibrahim at some point but to tell us today that he (Anwar) is wrong for the country?

“Why tell us that if you thought he was unsuitable then? To win votes?” he said, asking Mahathir to explain why he lied in the past about his willingness to do so.

Ramkarpal was referring to the agreement by the then Pakatan Harapan presidential council – comprising leaders from PKR, DAP, Amanah and PPBM – in 2018 that Mahathir become the prime minister if the coalition won the 14th general election (GE14), and hand over the PM’s post to Anwar at the right time.

He then raised the issue of Mahathir resigning as prime minister in February in the midst of the political crisis which brought down the PH government.

“This man resigned as prime minister. He says he did so because he purportedly did not have the majority at the material time.
“Never mind that he didn’t bother to consult his government or cabinet,” the DAP elected representative said, adding “He did it his way. Now, he wants to be PM again.”

Ramkarpal, whose father was the late Karpal Singh, then went after Mahathir’s record in his first term as prime minister from 1981 to 2003.

“You destroyed the judiciary and put countless people inside (prison) because they went against you. Remember the Internal Security Act (ISA)?” he said, referring to the use of the now-defunct Act against political rivals and activists, including Karpal, Lim Kit Siang and Lim Guan Eng.

Pejuang’s announcement of support for Mahathir as prime minister came a day after he submitted a fresh no-confidence motion against Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin.

It also came in the wake of an announcement by opposition leader and PKR president Anwar Ibrahim, who claimed he had the numbers to form a new government.

However, Mahathir had expressed doubts on whether Anwar had the numbers to take over as prime minister, saying even if he did, the country would remain in political deadlock.

Source: Free Malaysia Today

Print this item

Bersatu left out in the cold as Umno, PAS agree to officially register MN
Posted by: superadmin - 10-20-2020, 03:30 PM - Forum: Politics - No Replies

Bersatu left out in the cold as Umno, PAS agree to officially register Muafakat Nasional
KUALA LUMPUR, Oct 20 — Umno and PAS have agreed to officially register Muafakat Nasional (MN) as a political coalition with the Registrar of Societies (RoS).
In a joint statement today, MN secretary-general I Tan Sri Annuar Musa of Umno and MN secretary-general II Datuk Takiyuddin Hassan of PAS stated that both Malay-centric parties will move forward by enhancing their political cooperation with one another.

“The Muafakat Nasional leadership have agreed in consensus to give our commitment to further enhancing the unity and cooperation between the parties in preparation for the upcoming GE15.

“The leadership of both parties have agreed to register Muafakat Nasional officially with the Registrar of Societies Malaysia,’’ said the statement.

Print this item

US 2020 election: Who does China really want to win?
Posted by: superadmin - 10-20-2020, 11:57 AM - Forum: Politics - No Replies

As arguably the most consequential exercises in democracy on the planet, they are always closely followed by government officials in Beijing.

But as potential reminders of just how little choice 1.4 billion people are given over their own political future, media coverage in China is tightly controlled.

This time round though, in a US election defined by a still spiralling pandemic, a shattered economic landscape and deep political polarisation, China senses that something has changed.

It is not Chinese authoritarianism but western democracy that suddenly seems to be facing a crisis of legitimacy.

The world's freest and wealthiest economy, once thought to be so much better placed to fight the virus with its tools of transparency and accountability, has fallen well short.

While China, despite an initial cover-up thought to expose its inherent weaknesses, has gone on to use the sweeping powers of a unitary, surveillance state to test and quarantine people at will, en masse and to great effect.

Factories, shops, restaurants, schools and universities are all open, passenger numbers on public transport are just a little below average, and it is the only major economy expected to grow, rather than shrink this year.

- Continue reading -

Print this item

It’s the city of Subang Jaya from today
Posted by: superadmin - 10-20-2020, 11:47 AM - Forum: Local News - No Replies

PETALING JAYA: Subang Jaya has been officially declared a city after receiving the consent from the Sultan of Selangor, Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah.

Menteri Besar Amirudin Shari said the Subang Jaya Municipal Council (MPSJ) will be known as the Subang Jaya City Council (MBSJ) from today.

He also announced that MPSJ president Noraini Roslan has been appointed the mayor of Subang Jaya effective immediately.
“May the sustainable development of Subang Jaya and its surrounding localities continue to be enhanced through its world-class service delivery system.

- More -

Print this item

South Korea’s SK Hynix to buy Intel’s NAND memory chip business for $9 billion
Posted by: superadmin - 10-20-2020, 11:40 AM - Forum: Business, Economy and Investment - No Replies

• Intel has agreed to sell its NAND memory chip business to SK Hynix for $9 billion in an all-cash deal that would propel the South Korean chipmaker to second in the global rankings.
  • The deal will allow SK Hynix to overtake Japan’s Kioxia in the NAND memory market, and narrow the gap with market leader Samsung Electronics as the shift to work-from-home boosts demand for chips used in tablets and servers.
  • SK Hynix said Intel would sell all of its NAND business including its solid-state drive business, NAND product and wafer business, and its factory in Dalian, China. Intel would keep its Optane business, its advanced memory technology.

Intel has agreed to sell its NAND memory chip business to SK Hynix for $9 billion in an all-cash deal that would propel the South Korean chipmaker to second in the global rankings.

The deal will allow SK Hynix to overtake Japan’s Kioxia in the NAND memory market, and narrow the gap with market leader Samsung Electronics as the shift to work-from-home boosts demand for chips used in tablets and servers.

SK Hynix said Intel would sell all of its NAND business including its solid-state drive business, NAND product and wafer business, and its factory in Dalian, China. Intel would keep its Optane business, its advanced memory technology.

- Continue reading -

Print this item

Man turns love for cheese into a full-fledged business
Posted by: superadmin - 10-20-2020, 07:46 AM - Forum: Inspiring Stories - No Replies

PETALING JAYA: The late Anthony Bourdain once said: “You have to be a romantic to invest yourself, your money, and your time in cheese.”

That would pretty much sum-up the love affair Dexter Lim has with cheese, willing as he was to give up a 12-year career as a property investor to plunge headlong into cheesemaking.

FMT recently met up with Lim, 40, the founder of D’ Artisan Handmade Cheese, in his double-story Desa Park City home studio, where he churns out 49 different types of cheeses on a regular basis

- Continue reading -.

Print this item

To Love WHO YOU ARE (Meant For You)
Posted by: superadmin - 10-19-2020, 07:45 PM - Forum: English Songs - No Replies

"Some will stay, some will go
Always remember
They don’t define who you are
Let them stay, let them go
Never forget
You gotta love who you are
And those who love the real you
Are meant for you"

Print this item

TAKE CHANCES EVERY DAY
Posted by: superadmin - 10-19-2020, 07:33 PM - Forum: English Songs - No Replies

This Song Will Inspire You To Let Go

"Lately I’ve been going nowhere
Keep getting in my own way,
nobody but myself to blame
Perfection never is the answer
I’m never gonna make it far,
if fear’s my only Northern star
So I’m trying,
to not be afraid
Yeah, I’m learning
to trust myself anyways
I’ve lost too much time and joy,
that can never be replaced
So I’m choosing
to take chances everyday
Every new day brings opportunity
to be better than I was before
and love myself a little more
Don’t need to have all the answers
to be ready to make a change,
no I don’t want to live this way
So I’m trying
to not be afraid
Yeah, I’m learning
to trust myself anyways"

Print this item

27-storey serviced apartment development in Ipoh Garden
Posted by: eva_bougainvillea - 10-19-2020, 06:13 PM - Forum: Ipoh Residential Areas - No Replies

" ... plans for the construction of a 27-storey service apartment building on a 0.2ha land adjacent to the field"

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2...heir-homes

Any information about this development? This is gonna tower over the residential houses around the area. Ipoh Garden won't be the same again  Cry

Print this item