Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 860
» Latest member: fomapo5157
» Forum threads: 8,343
» Forum posts: 11,736

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 212 online users.
» 2 Member(s) | 206 Guest(s)
Applebot, Bing, Facebook, Google, Bella, Sego1

Latest Threads
truth was revealed,
Forum: Travels
Last Post: Sego1
6 minutes ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 166
Is the risk of direct con...
Forum: Politics
Last Post: superadmin
5 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
The Israel Gaza conflict:...
Forum: Politics
Last Post: superadmin
5 hours ago
» Replies: 897
» Views: 161,326
How does Pin UP support r...
Forum: General Discussion
Last Post: Gulia
5 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 72
Financial Growth Strategi...
Forum: Technology
Last Post: anonymo
9 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 382
What is the difference be...
Forum: Educations
Last Post: OnlineCertificationHelp
11 hours ago
» Replies: 17
» Views: 3,268
information technology as...
Forum: Computer Hardware
Last Post: lunafrost
Yesterday, 08:19 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
The Inspiring Journey of ...
Forum: Announcement
Last Post: vermut
Yesterday, 07:53 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 189
Dinh Store - Sjældne &amp...
Forum: Football
Last Post: twelve12
Yesterday, 06:21 PM
» Views: 958
What is the best way to c...
Forum: Computer Software
Last Post: jerry
Yesterday, 05:37 PM
» Views: 78

The failed Keluarga Malaysia
Posted by: superadmin - 01-03-2022, 09:33 AM - Forum: Politics - No Replies

[Image: multiracial-malaysian-bernama-231018-3.jpg]

From Adnan D

Malaysians, generally speaking, are peace-loving and non-confrontational.

Some incidents, if they occur in countries with administrations comparable to the Malaysian government in the last 30 years or so, would result in a revolution, street violence and rampant looting.

Agreed, there has been the occasional protest here and there, a prominent one in recent times being the Reformasi movement when Anwar Ibrahim was arrested. I was there and I saw what happened.

Generally speaking, most Malaysians also forget easily.

They forget and have become desensitised towards all the scandals, lies, corruption and racist government policies imposed on them. They forget and don’t talk about the BMF scandal, Perwaja steel, forex fiasco, the corruption charges, charges withdrawn, the lopsided contracts, the direct deals, etc.

There are so many, they will more than fill this page alone. Within months, most forget.

- More -

Print this item

YOURSAY | If only they revile corruption as vociferously as Timah whiskey
Posted by: superadmin - 01-03-2022, 09:20 AM - Forum: Politics - No Replies

[Image: 81803bebcad98fa8176746fc461fa22b.jpeg=s800]

Malaysia Bharu: An anti-corruption body with its own head honcho allegedly caught with his hand in the cookie jar, and the anti-corruption crusaders sitting in the various oversight bodies are apparently looking the other way.

Why are taxpayers’ funds wasted on these seat warmers? This can only happen in the world's worst-case kleptocracy.

Why is it that whenever allegations of wrongdoings arise against establishment personnel and ruling elites, the authorities go into silent mode?

These privileged elements seem to be spared even the national disaster pandemic SOP compliance, and many times it has taken a lot of public pressure to hold them accountable, and invariably they have got off with a slap on the wrist.

Our law enforcers are double-quick to take action when it involves the rakyat and the opposition. Why go far when the stark testimony is that of the MACC chief commissioner himself?

Public pressure is mounting for action to be taken. If the number one man of the anti-corruption agency can't be trusted, who else can be trusted and who do the people turn to?

And ironically, among the number of oversight bodies and its personnel that supervises the MACC, it has to take one man with integrity to resign to blow open this can of worms.

If Prime Minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob continues to drag his feet on this elephant in the room, it is an endorsement of the general perception that the backdoor regime is no better than its tarnished anti-corruption entity.

- More -

Print this item

Out with the meat, in with the plants as world’s top chefs offer vegan menus
Posted by: superadmin - 01-02-2022, 07:30 PM - Forum: Health News - No Replies

[Image: 4148.jpg?width=620&quality=45&auto=forma...065ed03365]

Alexis Gauthier used to sell 20kg of foie gras a week. Now the chef, whose London-based restaurant became entirely vegan in 2021, only sells a plant-based version. Since becoming vegan, he admits, Gauthier Soho has “lost a lot of customers, sadly”. But he says he has gained even more new diners, all looking for something different and sustainable and prepared to pay the price.

Gauthier is not the only chef to abandon the animal produce traditionally associated with fine dining. While the number of meat-free menus has been burgeoning for some time in lower- and mid-priced restaurants, now a growing number of the world’s top chefs are starting to put plants centre stage.

Chef Daniel Humm has created headlines on both sides of the Atlantic twice in recent months. First when he announced that his three Michelin-starred New York restaurant, Eleven Madison Park, would be reopening after a pandemic hiatus in June minus meat or seafood on its $335 menu (but not completely free of animal products. “The current food system is simply not sustainable,” he said).

- More -

Print this item

Is it 2022 already? Where did two years go?
Posted by: superadmin - 01-02-2022, 07:09 PM - Forum: Politics - No Replies

[Image: ADZHAR-IBRAHIM.jpg]
Happy New Year everybody! 2019 was such a great year, and I hope 2020 will be just as great too. What? Last year wasn’t 2019? We’ve had 2020 and even 2021 since then? Really?

Nobody told me. I can’t believe we’ve had two full years since then. Where do I complain and how do I get a refund?

Seemed like it was only yesterday that I spent the end of 2019 in Sri Lanka with my family. I was so looking forward to the new year – I was planning a long road trip with some friends that would take three months or maybe even longer.

I was also looking forward to my first full year of retirement, figuring out what to do when I’m at home (though I wasn’t planning to be home much). I was looking forward to spending my retirement savings and hoping I would run out first before the savings did!

And then Covid-19 happened. It started as a distant rumble in far off China, then it got closer and then wham! The world closed down.

Then followed scary days watching the virus explode while also watching my savings evaporate. While smart minds jumped into the economic bloodbath and picked up bargains, I battened down the hatches and held my breath.

I wasn’t worried about the virus itself. I was mostly at home, and home is actually quite pleasant. Credit it to an inspired decision to live in the middle of nowhere where modest sums can buy lots of land and space.

- More -

Print this item

Sarawak DAP blasts ‘concentration of power’ in CM’s hands
Posted by: superadmin - 01-02-2022, 06:45 PM - Forum: Politics - No Replies

[Image: chong-chieng-jen-abang-johari.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: Sarawakians should be concerned about the “unprecedented concentration of power” in the hands of chief minister Abang Johari Openg, says state DAP chief Chong Chieng Jen.

On Thursday, Abang Johari announced the appointment of 10 ministers and 26 assistant ministers in the new state Cabinet,

This saw the Gabungan Parti Sarawak (GPS) coalition chairman also holding positions as the finance and new economy minister; natural resources and urban development minister; and energy and environmental sustainability minister.

Chong noted that while Sarawakians had handed GPS a resounding win at last month’s state elections, the coalition’s strong majority should not be taken as an endorsement by the people for Abang Johari to “do as he wishes”.

“There is an unprecedented concentration of power in the hands of the chief minister, with the other ministers holding crumbs,” said Chong in a statement.

“Each and every one of (Abang Johari’s) portfolios involves multi-billion-ringgit allocations annually and they are all now under the control of one person.”

- More -

Print this item

Stop Digital Harassment
Posted by: uzma11 - 01-02-2022, 01:27 PM - Forum: Technical Supports - No Replies

You can spy on Your Child’s or Teenager’s Phone to Stop Digital Harassment. Protect your children, family by tracking their cell phones remotely. check their social media activity, GPS location, camera etc
https://blog.spouseware.net/should-we-sp...arassment/

Print this item

Protect Yourself From Zoombombers
Posted by: uzma11 - 01-02-2022, 01:23 PM - Forum: Computer Software - No Replies

Measure to Protect Yourself From Zoombombers, Zoom Meeting Hackers. Zoombombers are the trendy pirates. they fight to hack zoom conferences. Are you troubled concerning a way to shield yourself from zoom meeting hackers?
https://www.hackerslist.co/how-to-protec...g-hackers/

Print this item

Australia’s new Covid cases dip, but hospitalisations rise
Posted by: superadmin - 01-02-2022, 11:46 AM - Forum: Covid-19 Pandemic - No Replies

[Image: AP21362096384239.jpg]

SYDNEY: New Australian Covid-19 cases dipped on Sunday as testing slowed over a holiday weekend, but remained well over 30,000 and hospitalisations rose further in New South Wales as concerns grow about potential strains on the national health system.

Newly diagnosed cases in New South Wales, the most populous state, dropped to 18,278 from 22,577 the day before as the number of tests conducted on New Year’s Day dropped by a quarter, health department figures showed.

But hospitalisations, which authorities have signalled is a figure they are more closely monitoring than total case numbers as they shift towards living with the virus, jumped by 18% to 1,066.

In Victoria, daily case numbers remained above 7,000 and Queensland reported a record 3,587 new cases.

“As we enter a new year, we are entering a new battle against Covid-19,” Queensland state Treasurer Cameron Dick said.

- More -

Print this item

Looking back on 2021, China remains ‘stabilizer’ of the world
Posted by: superadmin - 01-02-2022, 11:43 AM - Forum: Politics - No Replies

[Image: a6fea51f-1f8b-4b6d-b60d-f3132f0f7e23.jpeg]

As the year 2021 comes to an end, the pandemic and unprecedented changes in a century have become the most profound footnotes of the year. In a sense, 2021 has "replicated" the difficulties and pressures the world had undergone in 2020, but it has also shown more complexities. Delta and Omicron, the two novel coronavirus mutant strains, have created new shocks and brought about new tests for the world, the Capitol riots, the "Kabul moment," resurgence of the Cold War mentality and other turmoil have a far-reaching impact, while the global economic recovery has been greatly dragged down by the global supply chain crisis… "What is wrong with the world, and what shall we do?" Facing this question of the age, people's search for an answer has become even more urgent. 

For China, 2021 was a landmark year. As pointed out at the annual Central Economic Work Conference held recently, we solemnly celebrate the centenary of the founding of the Communist Party of China, have fulfilled the first centenary goal, and are embarking on a new journey toward the second. We have calmly dealt with the changes over a century and the pandemic of the century, constructed new development patterns and made new strides. New results have been achieved in high-quality development, and a good start has been made for the 14th Five-Year Plan. China has broken new ground in its diplomatic endeavors amid profound global changes and turned crises into opportunities. While it concentrates on managing its own affairs well, China has also provided valuable stability to the world. 

- More -

Print this item

2022 will be the biggest year for the metaverse so far
Posted by: superadmin - 01-02-2022, 10:40 AM - Forum: Technology - No Replies

• 2022 is poised to be the biggest year for “the metaverse,” or software and hardware that allow users to play or work in virtual 3D spaces.
  • Meta, Apple, Microsoft and Google all are gearing up to release new products.
  • Apple is reportedly expected to announce a high-end headset that mixes virtual reality and augmented reality.
[Image: 105773557-1551720310872rtx4z32i.jpg?v=16...=740&h=416]

2022 is poised to be the biggest year yet for “the metaverse,” as Facebook parent Meta, Apple, Microsoft and Google gear up to release new hardware products and software services in what so far has been a niche market for early adopters.

The “metaverse” describes software and hardware that allow users to play or work in virtual 3-D spaces, or pull in information from the internet and integrate it with the real world in real time. For now, the metaverse might be accessed through a smartphone, but eventually, it will be experienced through advanced virtual reality or augmented reality headsets, backers say.

Big Tech companies are betting that gadgets that transport their users into enhanced or imaginary worlds will open up the biggest new market in software since Apple introduced the touchscreen smartphone in 2007. If the metaverse takes off, then perhaps everyone who has a smartphone today will also have a pair of computer glasses or a VR headset in a few years.

- More -

Print this item