Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Malaysians vent anger at politician over racial slur at Kisona
[Image: fb_kisona.jpg]

KUALA LUMPUR - As the Malaysian badminton squad celebrated making the semi-final of the Sudirman Cup after 12 years, one player became the victim of racist slur on social media.

S. Kisona was the target of a netizen who derogatorily refered to her 'keling' on social media.

The Facebook post has apparently been taken down but not before it had gone viral.

The post said: BAM kutip india (keling) dlm estate mana lah jd pemain utama Malaysia (Which estate did BAM find this indian (keling) and made her Malaysia's main player).

The Facebook post has angered many in the sports industry who are disgusted by the uncalled for remark by that individual.

A former sportsman who declined to be named told The Vibes that comments like these do not augur well to non-Malay athletes.

- More -
BAM condemns racially charged remark against shuttler Kisona, says will stand up for all players

[Image: kisona_twitter_021021.jpg]

KUALA LUMPUR, Oct 3 — The Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) has joined the chorus of condemnation towards a racially charged remark allegedly made by a social media user against national shuttler S. Kisona following the latter’s exit from the Sudirman Cup.

A statement issued by BAM criticised the remark supposedly made on social media by a user named Borhan Che Rahim, who associated racially derogatory terms with Kisona following her elimination from the international tournament held in Finland.

“The BAM is utterly appalled by the racist remarks made towards our national women’s singles player, S. Kisona.

- More -
Bersatu man quits after racial slur against Kisona

[Image: racist-comment-Sudirman-Cup-2-.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: A Bersatu divisional leader has resigned from his position after coming under criticism over a racial slur he used against national badminton player S Kisona.

Bersatu deputy president Ahmad Faizal Azumu, who is also the minister for youth and sports, said the division’s deputy chief has submitted his resignation letter.

“He will also be making a public apology,” Faizal said, according to Malaysiakini.

Utusan Malaysia said the divisional leader, Borhanuddin Che Rahim, of Pasir Puteh, Kelantan, had apologised for his remarks, saying he did not intend to insult the Indian community.

He said the derogatory term he had applied was commonly used in Kelantan to refer to Indian people.

“It was a mistake and I did it without thinking of the consequences (of using the term). I take back what I said and apologise to all Malaysians, especially those affected by the posting. I will improve on my behaviour,” he was quoted as saying.

- More -