Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YOURSAY | If not for DAP, Dr M wouldn't have been PM again
[Image: 301deaa898fbed21ef3a3c4400c76a79.jpeg=s800]

GanMu: For a man of his stature, it is unacceptable for former prime minister Dr Mahathir Mohamad to say “I used DAP, they used me too”.

There was no such thing as who was using used who. DAP, PKR, Amanah, and Bersatu all came together voluntarily with a clear objective to face the election as one under Pakatan Harapan with the sole aim of winning the election.

This was an honourable coalition of respectable parties.

Mahathir, however, appears to have forgotten this and, as usual, is going after DAP.

Now that he has befriended PAS, DAP has become his new enemy. Very cunningly, he has left out PKR, Amanah, and Bersatu.

The more he runs down DAP, the stronger it will become. Although he talks about gratitude, I would like to think that he is an ungrateful man.

If not for DAP, including others, he would never have dreamed of becoming prime minister again.

Having been prime minister of a multi-racial country - a prime minister for all - for more than 20 years, there is still no feeling of compassion nor love for others. It is all about himself and what he can do to gain attention.

BlueFish0451: It is a lie that DAP used Mahathir. DAP and Harapan were there and fought every election, including the 14th general election.

Mahathir jumped out of a sinking ship to form Bersatu and took advantage of Harapan by joining forces with them and reaching an understanding to hand over power to PKR president Anwar Ibrahim later.

After winning the election, Mahathir became the prime minister and his small and new party took most of the cabinet seats while others nicely allowed him the prerogative.

Mahathir planned the Sheraton Move to stop the demand to honour the handover of the prime ministership to Anwar.

The Harapan government collapsed as a result. Even though Muhyiddin Yassin took over the prime minister’s position, to this day, no one is certain whether he snatched it from Mahathir or that was all part of the scheme.

Mahathir’s sudden resignation also remains a question mark.

- More -