Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zahid hints that he is at the end of his parliamentary career
[Image: Id_obj44299060_1688534474.jpg]

DEPUTY Prime Minister Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi, who is also the Bagan Datuk MP, hinted that he is now at the end of his career as a parliamentarian.

“I have been an MP since 1995 and in my opinion, it is a very long service and I am at the end of my service as an MP. But before I finish that, I want Bagan Datuk to develop, progress, be the number one in education in Perak and have good infrastructure.

“We also want poverty among the Indian, Chinese and Malay communities to be eradicated and this is the determination of the Prime Minister, Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim, to put zero extreme poverty in the whole country,” he said while speaking at the Bagan Datuk Parliament’s Deepavali charity ceremony at Bagan Datuk UMNO Complex Hall.

However, when questioned by reporters about the specific timeframe for his departure from politics, Zahid, who has served the Bagan Datuk constituency for seven consecutive terms, was vague in his response.

“Maybe the General Election (PRU) 16, 17, 18, so let’s wait for the right one,” he pointed out.

Moreover, the UMNO leader claimed that he will work hard to eradicate poverty in his constituency before he quits. – Nov 5, 2023.

Source: Bernama