Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Israel Gaza conflict: What is the solution?
"You should be expelled from this country!" Irish politician stands up to Israeli Ambassador

London mayor condemns ‘disproportionate force’ used by Israeli army

The Palestinian Cause Will Never Go Away | Jeremy Corbyn Interview
Australian senator Lidia Thorpe speaks up for Palestine in Australian senate
What Ireland's history of resistance says about Palestine | Richard Boyd Barett
World must wake up from hypocrisy towards Palestine: Anwar
[Image: anwar_ibrahim_bernama_picx.png]

KUALA LUMPUR – Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim said that the world must wake up and see the stark hypocrisy through situations unfolding in Gaza.

Anwar said there is too much contradiction and hypocrisy in the arena of international politics, and it must be stopped.

“Well, I would say that a good student of history and geopolitics wouldn’t be necessarily surprised.

“You talk about human rights at one end, and you deny rights to the others, for example, I make reference, you condemn Russia for the aggression because of Russia’s decision to take a Russian enclave in Ukraine, fair.

“That is condemned, but with the Israeli aggression and taking over of legitimate Palestinian land, that is condoned…not only that, it is supported and defended,” he said in an interview with Arab News on Friday, on the sidelines of the inaugural Asean-GCC Summit in Riyadh.

Describing the situation in Gaza as “insanity”, Anwar said Malaysia remains steadfast on its stand that the aggression and the apathy towards women and children in Gaza must be stopped.

“I cannot understand why Israelis don’t understand that what was a Holocaust episode in the past is now being imposed on others,” he said.

Commenting on the opening remarks by Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman at the summit, Anwar said Malaysia was fully behind the efforts of Saudi Arabia and the GCC to bring the crisis to a close.

“I happen to have to be the earliest responders…immediately, my response was to thank him and to say that we are with you and the GCC, because what you say when you take the lead, it will have a powerful impact compared to Asean nations.

“Without exaggeration, to say that the opening remarks of the crown prince were very touching to me…they were passionate and it is timely that a leader in the Arab world takes a firm position on humanitarian grounds,” he said.

He added that the Crown Prince has played a pivotal role in the region including hosting and coordinating the GCC and Asean Riyadh Summit.

He said the foreign ministers’ conference was not an ordinary conference, but did secure some basic parameters and understanding of collaboration, particularly on humanitarian assistance.

“I have to take note of that and thank him…more importantly, the diplomatic nuances, is to then discuss specifically the role of some of the big companies there.

“There are some of our own companies here, how we can utilise each other’s experience in terms of research, new technology, green transmission, trade and investment.

“I will use every minute to make sure that we secure something important for both countries,” Anwar said.

Meanwhile, in an interview with Asharq Al-Awsat, Anwar urged the international community to do everything in their power to guarantee peace in the Gaza Strip as thousands of innocent lives have been lost due to the attack by Israel.

Anwar said Malaysia believes everyone must work together to stop this madness of the continued killing of innocents by Israel in Palestine, specifically in the Gaza Strip.

“We took a very strong position together, with our brothers, friends, allies, and neighbours.” This heinous act must end. The international community must do everything in its power to guarantee peace.

“And I mean peace for all (...) but Gaza is now under siege, and people are struggling to live, there is no water, no electricity, no food and no medicine. The situation is truly tragic,” the prime minister said. – Bernama, October 22, 2023

'Where is your humanity?': US Representative Ilhan Omar calls for Gaza ceasefire

Must watch address by Matt Carthy TD on Palestine

Israel’s deepening attacks in Gaza likely to embroil more military forces into conflicts: experts
[Image: 9b6c0dc8-641e-471e-88e2-5dfb834fa217.jpeg]

Israel's deepening attacks in Gaza for what it has called the "next stage of the war" are likely to embroil more regional military forces, such as Lebanon's Hezbollah, in the conflict which has lasted for more than two weeks, as well as increase the spillover risk and escalate anti-Israeli sentiment around the world, Chinese experts predict, as the Cairo Peace Summit aimed at de-escalation ended without a breakthrough. 

An escalation of Israeli military operations in Gaza could see the US bogged down in another crisis in the Middle East, Chinese experts said, as the US is sending additional air defense systems to the region and helping Israel to down missiles and drones. As Washington is drawn deeper into the conflict, its attention on the Asia-Pacific strategy may be diluted, experts said. 

Israel's military spokesperson Rear Admiral Daniel Hagari told reporters on Saturday night that Israel plans to step up its attacks on the Gaza Strip starting Saturday as preparation for the next stage of its war on Hamas. Asked about a possible ground invasion into Gaza, Hagari said that the military is trying to create optimal conditions beforehand.

- More -
Ex-State Department official explains why he resigned over U.S. response to Israel-Hamas war