Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lim accuses PAS Simpang Jeram by-election candidate of spreading lies, falsehoods
[Image: mazri.jpg]

I WAS shocked by the nomination day statement by PAS candidate for the Simpang Jeram by-election Dr Mohd Mazri Yahya (main pic, white shirt) who pledged to break down a purported wall of racial animosity allegedly built by DAP.

Is the PAS state seat candidate another Tan Sri Hadi Awang who spread lies, falsehoods, fake news and hate speech without having substantiate them?

I have been with DAP for close to six decades and the creation of a wall of racial animosity among the races had never been an objective of the DAP!

In fact, the very opposite is the case. Right from the very first general election that DAP contested in 1969, the party has put up a multi-racial slate of state assembly and parliamentary candidates.

Dr Mazri may not know that in the 1969 general election, two DAP Malay state assemblymen were elected but he should know that in 1987, I was accused of being anti-Chinese because Ahmad Nor was the DAP candidate in the Gopeng by-election. Although he lost in the by-election, Ahmad Nor went on to become the first DAP Malay MP in 1990.

Dr Mazri cannot be unaware that at present, DAP has three Malay MPs or is he suggesting that the three DAP Malay MPs, Syahredzan Johan (Bangi), Syerleena Abdul Rashid, (Bukit Bendera) and Young Syefura Othman (Bentong) are not Malays or Muslims?

- More -