Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ramasamy quits DAP
[Image: P-Ramasamy-Penang-Deputy-Chief-Minister-...19-FMT.jpg]

BUTTERWORTH: Former Penang deputy chief minister P Ramasamy has quit DAP.

The three-term Perai assemblyman, who joined DAP in 2005, made the announcement just weeks after he was dropped from the list of candidates for the Penang state election.

“I handed in my resignation letter to (DAP) secretary-general Loke Siew Fook this morning,” he said at a press conference here.

“I made this decision after a lot of thought, and I also talked to my friends and family beforehand.”

- More -
Ramasamy quitting DAP shows he was ‘not sincere’, says Loke
[Image: a3ad717d-1-p-ramasamy-100823.jpg]

JELEBU: DAP secretary-general Loke Siew Fook says he is disappointed with former Penang deputy chief minister P Ramasamy’s decision to quit the party.

Noting that Ramasamy only left DAP after he was dropped as a candidate in the state polls, Loke said it showed he was “not sincere” all these years despite having been given the opportunity to serve as the Penang deputy chief minister since 2008.

“Has he only been riding on the party for the sake of a position?” Loke said of the three-term Perai assemblyman, after a PH-BN programme in Kampung Chennah here.

“When he’s not the DAP candidate (in the state polls), he decides to leave the party. This shows that he was not sincere.”

- More[url=https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2023/08/10/ramasamy-quitting-dap-shows-he-was-not-sincere-says-loke/][/url] -
Ramasamy should count his blessings, says ex-DAP MP
[Image: e9a2e24b-kasthuri-ramasamy-collage-110823.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: Kasthuri Patto said P Ramasamy, who quit DAP yesterday, should “count his blessings” for the opportunities he was given by the party in his political career.

The former Batu Kawan MP from DAP said Ramasamy, who joined the party in 2005, had been given the chance to contest both the Perai state seat and the Batu Kawan parliamentary seat in the 2008 general election (GE12).

After winning in GE12, Ramasamy was made deputy chief minister II and remained in the post for three terms.

She said such an opportunity was handed to him despite him being a newcomer.

“He was a nobody in the political sphere when the party accepted his application to join DAP in 2005,” she said in a statement.

- More -