Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawyer, activist Haris Ibrahim dies at 63
[Image: Haris_Ibrahim_TTDI_Segambut_LANCELOT_THE...1118_1.jpg]

LAWYER and renowned activist Haris Ibrahim passed away today.

In a Facebook post, Haris’ sister Shobah Veera wrote: “I am sorry to inform you that my brother, Haris Ibrahim, has returned to ramahtullah (God) today, Aug 5, 2023, at 12.45pm.

“The remains are expected to be bathed, shrouded and prayed at Masjid At Taqwa, TTDI, Jalan Datuk Sulaiman, KL. Funeral prayer: In shaa Allah (God willing), I will inform later.”

- More -
Haris, the selfless activist who loved Malaysia
[Image: HARIS-MOHAMED-IBRAHIM-FLAMOFF-01.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: Like many activists, Ambiga Sreenevasan has many memories of Haris Ibrahim, a fellow lawyer turned activist, who succumbed to cancer yesterday.

Some are sweet – exchanging ideas and sharing ideals, often over a cup of coffee.

Others less so – like the time their eyes watered and their throats burned from the tear gas used during the second Bersih rally. With them were Maria Chin, who would later become Petaling Jaya MP, and national laureate A Samad Said.

And then there was the time when they were hauled to the police station for questioning.

They might have argued at times but through it all, Ambiga and Haris shared a common and unwavering love for the country.

- More -
Memorial for Haris Ibrahim to be held on Sept 16
[Image: 564f6a6c-haris-ibrahim-harismibrahim.wor...130923.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: A memorial for lawyer and social activist Haris Ibrahim, who succumbed to cancer last month, will be held on Sept 16.

The memorial is being organised by Saya Anak Bangsa Malaysia (SABM), the NGO Haris co-founded.

“It is only appropriate, for one who loved this country so dearly, that this Hari Malaysia, we remember and honour Brother Haris Ibrahim,” said SABM.

The memorial will be held at the Kuala Lumpur and Selangor Chinese Assembly Hall from 10am to 1pm.

- More -