Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salahuddin dies in hospital

PETALING JAYA: Domestic trade and cost of living minister Salahuddin Ayub died at Sultanah Bahiyah Hospital in Alor Setar tonight. He was 61.

His daughter, Fatihah, confirmed his death in a Facebook post.

She said Salahuddin died at 9.23pm.

He underwent surgery for a brain haemorrhage and had been recovering in the intensive care unit.

- More -
Salahuddin a most sincere leader, says Mydin boss
[Image: Ameer-Ali-Mydin-fb-vids-2.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: Domestic trade and cost of living minister Salahuddin Ayub was remembered by Mydin hypermarket managing director Ameer Ali Mydin as “the sincerest” leader.

Ameer said Salahuddin had given so much to society from when he served as the agricultural and agro-based industry minister in the previous Pakatan Harapan government.

“I have met many ministers and leaders, but I have never met a man who sincerely felt for the rakyat. What he did, he did so wholeheartedly,” he told FMT.

- More -
Salahuddin’s services cannot be materially repaid, says Anwar
[Image: b141fe08-anwar-ibrahim-sad-fmt-250623.jpg]

KUALA LUMPUR: Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim has described the death of domestic trade and cost of living minister Salahuddin Ayub as a huge loss for him, personally, and for Salahuddin’s family.

Admitting to being affected by the sad news, Anwar said the services of Salahuddin, who was also the Amanah deputy president, could not be materially repaid.

“He was known for his esteemed character, by both friends or foes. A strong figure who worked (hard), was trustworthy and responsible.

“Rest now, my friend,” he posted on Facebook tonight.

The prime minister also prayed that Allah will give his family patience and perseverance, and his soul be showered with mercy and placed among the pious.

Salahuddin, 61, died at 9.23pm today at Sultanah Bahiyah Hospital in Alor Setar, Kedah, following surgery for a brain haemorrhage on Friday.

- More -

I lost a friend and defender in Salahuddin
[Image: f32c5b5f-salahudin-hanna-fb-240723.jpg]

From Hannah Yeoh

I lost a defender. I don’t know where and how to start writing a fitting tribute for a big man. He was on a mission.

His Rahmah programme was a hit from day one. He wanted it to eventually become a value system. That people in business would share and help those in need.

He wanted no one to go hungry in this land. He worked tirelessly until he became unconscious. Condolences to his wife, Fatimah Taha, and their children.

I have so many good things to say about this precious friend of mine, Salahuddin Ayub.

I first met him when he was in PAS and we were in (the now defunct) Pakatan Rakyat (PR) together. He served in Johor while I was in Selangor and so we had very little exchanges until later on.

- More -
Salahuddin Ayub: the gentleman of Malaysian politics
[Image: 11112022_-_Calon_PH_Parlimen_Pulai_Datuk...N_9-bw.jpg]

ALOR STAR – Hundreds of people or even more are expected to pay their respects to the late Datuk Seri Salahuddin Ayub – whose untimely death in a hospital here last night has those on both sides of the political divide in mourning. 

Salahuddin, who was Amanah deputy president and domestic trade and cost of living minister before his sudden passing, was a rare gem in Malaysian politics for his gentleness, humility and amiability to everyone, even rivals.

The Johor Pakatan Harapan (PH) chief, aged 61, leaves behind his wife Fatimah Taha and six children – four boys and two girls. He died after surgery on Friday for a brain haemorrhage.

Din, as he was fondly called by friends and political comrades, never raised his voice but knew how to get his message across by articulating facts and not raw emotions.

- More -

“He simply never shouted,” said Kedah PH chairman Datuk Wira Mahfuz Omar. 
Salahuddin's passing in the hospital is a moment of sorrow. Reflecting on a sustainable tribute, consider the best Solar Panel Installation Services, fostering renewable energy solutions to honor his memory and contribute to a greener legacy.