Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet another controversy out of Kelantan
[Image: 878d5818-saman-cina-pixelated-fb-pic-260623.jpg]

IF anything that netizen, R. J. Hanim said holds water, Malaysia is doomed if it comes under the rule of PAS. PAS’ brand of Islam would certainly not go well with activist lawyer, Siti Kasim and others like Hanim, who is apparently a Malay Muslim.

Commenting on Siti’s tweet post, Hanim wrote: “3/4 jeans and t-shirts are my usual. Sederhana (Moderate). I’ll be damned the day Malaysian give away Malaysia to Pas. Every vote counts, PLEASE.”

Siti herself took to Tweeter to rue about PAS rule in Kelantan, envisaging what will happen to Malaysia if PAS is given the chance to run the country.

For tropical climates like Malaysia, a t-shirt and a short pant is the norm for most Malaysians especially during the heatwave, hence the action by the little Napoleons will not only cause foreign and local tourists to shun Kelantan but also make voters pissed off at considering Perikatan Nasional (PN) at the poll booths.

With the state elections coming in just a few weeks from now, the Kelantan state government would have to think seriously about revoking the compound immediately and apologise to all Malaysians; otherwise, PAS and its coalition partners Bersatu and Gerakan would have a lot of explanation to do in the lead up to state elections by August.

This issue will certainly become a key sore point by both Pakatan Harapan (PH) and Barisan Nasional (BN) to portray PAS as a self-styled “Taliban” that Malaysians should totally reject.

- More -
Retract fine on non-Muslim woman who wore shorts, Nga tells Kota Baru council
[Image: 20230305-_Nga_Kor_Ming_-_SYEDA_IMRAN.jpg]

KUALA LUMPUR – The Kota Baru Municipal Council (MPKB) should retract the compound issued to a non-Muslim woman for wearing shorts on her own business premises, Local Government Development Minister Nga Kor Ming said.

New Straits Times reported him as saying that he has asked the council not to “misuse” its authority and to abide by the federal constitution as Malaysia is a multiracial country.

“This is a non-Muslim shopkeeper on her own premises so it is her right to wear how she wants,” NST reported Nga as saying after an event in Cyberjaya today.

He said besides asking MPKB to retract the fine imposed on the woman, he also told Kelantan’s PAS-led state government to do so.

“This issue has caused a stir among the non-Muslim community,” Nga added.

On Twitter, Nga also expressed his disagreement with the compound, tweeting a Sin Chew Daily article of an interview in which he said MPKB had abused its power.

- More -
No use getting upset over PAS’ dress rules
[Image: a-kathirasen-new-latest-290821-1.jpg]
I’m neither surprised nor upset by news that a non-Muslim Kelantanese woman was issued a compound notice on June 26 for wearing “indecent clothing”.

Many netizens, according to reports, are unhappy with the action.

In fact, someone I know was hot in the collar as his wife often walks around in shorts; and so do his daughters. He does not think it is indecent.

First, let me state why I am not surprised. Kelantan is ruled by PAS whose aim is to introduce Islamic laws – or rather its version of Islam – throughout the country in stages. It has already succeeded in taking control of four states.

- More -