Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Mahathir trying to paint a negative picture on the unity gov’t?
Netizens berate Tun M as a desperado after losing influence, becoming irrelevant
[Image: Tun-M-Proklamasi.jpg]

AFTER his “Malay Proclamation” gathering slated for yesterday (March 19) failed to lift off, former two-time premier Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad found himself in the political spotlight when he launched a fierce attack on Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim’s unity government.

However, netizens were mostly unimpressed as they rallied behind the unity government, hitting the country’s longest serving premier (25 years in total) with candour.

Twitter user @editdelete is not surprised with Dr Mahathir’s attitude given ‘desperate times call for desperate measures’.

“When they lose power and influence, what will they people who are desperate do? They will resort to racism or false patriotism or religious bigotry without adequate understanding,” she tweeted in a reaction to a Malaysiakini article which highlighted the 98-year-old leader’s discontent that there the purported “Malay Proclamation” event failed to see the daylight.

- More -

Use the Sedition Act against Dr M, says Nazri Aziz
[Image: nazri-aziz-fmt-200219-1.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: Nazri Aziz, a former law minister, has called for action to be taken against Dr Mahathir Mohamad under the Sedition Act over recent criticisms levelled against the government.

Nazri, a former Umno Supreme Council member, said Mahathir’s recent statements, such as alleging that the government had scuttled a public gathering, was an attempt to incite the public, Astro Awani reported.

He said the government need not be afraid about taking action against Mahathir, even though Mahathir is a former prime minister.

“During his time, anyone who wanted to organise a rally critical of the government would be branded as going against the government.

- More -
Tun M the peddler of lies (unless history lies)
[Image: Ops-Lalang-The-Star.jpeg]

FORMER prime minister (PM) Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad has come out with some startling statements without batting an eyelid. That is typical of him!

But these are nothing but blatant and unvarnished lies – and Dr Mahathir is a master at this!

What he recently said and claimed left many flabbergasted and in shock. He painted PM Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim “as an oppressor – one that is worse than the British colonials”.

“During the British era, we can speak out, form parties, and fight for the Malays. During my time Malays could speak out too but in Anwar’s ‘democratic’ era, Malays can’t speak up” was Dr Mahathir’s outlandish and outrageous claim.

- More -
The End Of Mahathir’s Trick, Legacy & Political Journey – You Cannot Fool All The People All The Time
[Image: Mahathir-Mohamad-and-Billionaire-Syed-Mokhtar.jpg]

When Mahathir Mohamad was asked in 2003 by Asiaweek how he would like his legacy to be remembered, he said – “Oh, I really don’t care. In 40 years, I’m not going to be around and when you’re dead, people will say nasty things about you. It doesn’t make a difference to me.” That was during his first stint as prime minister, whose iron-fist rule span for 22 years from 1981 to 2003.

He was asked the same question again in 2021 during an interview on radio station BFM. Aged 95, he had resigned about a year earlier as the prime minister for the second time, which lasted only 22 months. Again, he boastfully said – “I don’t care about my legacy. I am quite sure when I can dead and gone, people will still run me down. And all that will not seem important, I’ll be dead anyway.”

The dictator lied. He actually still cares very much about his legacy even till today. He was pretending that he didn’t care because during both interviews, he knew his legacy would be intact even after he was no longer the prime minister. Before he quit in 2003, he specifically handpicked Abdullah Badawi – a lame duck who slept most of the time on the job – as his successor.

- More -
As usual, Mahathir rejected my advice, says Jomo

[Image: 5c58e6d2-jomo-and-mahathir.jpg]

PETALING JAYA : Economist Jomo Kwame Sundaram said former prime minister Dr Mahathir Mohamad rejected his advice to take on a role as an elder statesman instead of being involved in politics.

He said about seven months ago, he had advised the two-time former prime minister to take on the role of an elder statesman for the developing world, but Mahathir rejected it.

“I told him rather than continuing to be involved in Malaysian politics, he should take on the role of an elder statesman for the developing world. As usual, he rejected my advice,” said Jomo at a talk organised by the Oxford and Cambridge Society of Malaysia.

Mahathir, who lost the Langkawi seat and also his deposit at the last general election, officially joined Putra as an advisor early this month. The party is led by long-time ally Ibrahim Ali.

Earlier this month, Mahathir described Anwar Ibrahim’s government as a “dictatorship” after the cancellation of a rally for a “Malay Proclamation”.

Source: FMT
Anwar should adopt ‘elegant silence’ as stratagem against Dr M
[Image: anwar-ibrahim-190620-fmt-2.jpg]

From Terence Netto

Dr Mahathir Mohamad won’t let-up on Anwar Ibrahim.

He paused briefly after he suffered a second cancellation of his Malay Proclamation event before returning to the warpath – this time with more scorn.

Mahathir demanded Anwar furnish proof he had enriched himself and his family in his first stint of 22 years as prime minister (1981 -2003), as Anwar had claimed in a combative speech at a PKR convention.

- More -
Lokman Adam: A cornered Tun M is finding all means to undermine stability of Anwar’s unity gov’t
[Image: Lokman-Noor-Adam-2-627x375.jpg]

UMNO supreme council member Datuk Lokman Noor Adam has turned one of Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad’s biggest critics in recent times after he rebutted the former two-time premier for implying that it was not wrong if MPs of the unity government wanted to topple Prime Minister (PM)  Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim like what they did to Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin in 2021.

Speaking during a media conference in Putrajaya yesterday (March 28), Malaysia’ longest serving PM of 22 years and 22 months had said that the elected representatives have the right to change the government and that doing so is not against the law.

In a live Facebook broadcast yesterday (March 28), Lokman has dubbed Dr Mahathir’s action as reflecting his precarious position which is likened as nyawa di hujung tanduk (life at knife-edge).

“He knows his time to be hauled up for questioning by MACC (Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission) is getting very close … he knows that the position of his children, cronies is no longer safe … that’s why we see him hopping from one party to another even to the extent of deserting his son’s own party (Pejuang),” commented Lokman who was recently reinstated as UMNO’s supreme council member.

- More -