Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MACC expected to charge senior political leader tomorrow
[Image: 20220829-SPRM_MACC_logo_on_gate-sairien_nafis.JPG]

KUALA LUMPUR – A veteran political leader is expected to be charged tomorrow for graft in relation to the Jana Wibawa stimulus initiative as well as the government’s additional spending during the Covid-19 lockdown period.

A Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commision source (MACC) confirmed that the politician in question, a senior party leader, will be charged under the MACC Act 2009.

However, the exact charges and further details have yet to be known at the time of writing. – The Vibes, March 8, 2023
Muhyiddin to be charged tomorrow
[Image: 9af62b4c-muhyiddin-yassin-090323.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: Former prime minister Muhyiddin Yassin will be charged in court tomorrow, reports Berita Harian.

According to the report, the matter was confirmed by Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) chief commissioner Azam Baki.

A source close to the matter said Muhyiddin will face four counts of abuse of power and two counts of money laundering at the Kuala Lumpur sessions court.

The four counts of abuse of power are framed under Section 23 of the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) Act 2009 and punishable under Section 24(1) of the same law.

- More -

Muhyiddin arrested by MACC
[Image: 63ecf08e-muh-tahan-fmt-090323.jpg]

PUTRAJAYA: Former prime minister Muhyiddin Yassin has been arrested by the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) at its headquarters here.

He was earlier asked to go to the MACC headquarters at 11am.

In a statement, the MACC said Muhyiddin was arrested at 1pm today after he was called in to provide statements in connection with the Jana Wibawa programme.

The MACC also said it had obtained permission from the Attorney-General’s Chambers to charge Muhyiddin in a Kuala Lumpur court tomorrow.

“Muhyiddin, who is also Bersatu president, will face several charges under Section 23 of the MACC Act 2009 and Section 4(1)(b) of the Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Terrorism Financing and Proceeds of Unlawful Activities Act 2001 (AMLATFPUAA),” it said.

- More -
Big Grin 
Court charges mark start of PN’s fight against evil, says Muhyiddin
[Image: b0b66832-muhyiddin-yassin-932023-1.jpg]

KUALA LUMPUR: A defiant Muhyiddin Yassin says the impending charges against him marked the start of Perikatan Nasional’s fight against evil.

The PN chairman said the coalition would not back down from the fight for truth, which it had always championed since its inception.

“We are not afraid.

“Our fight is to uphold the truth and oppose evil,” the former prime minister said after performing a “solat hajat” at the PAS Tarbiyah Centre here.

Also present were PAS secretary-general Takiyuddin Hassan and the party’s vice-president Idris Ahmad. They were among the 1,000 who turned up for the special prayers.

Muhyiddin insisted that he had not done anything wrong and would prove his innocence in court.

- More -

Thumbs Up 
I will defend Muhyiddin if accusations untrue: Anwar 
[Image: 20230307_anwar_2_info_dept.JPG]

KUALA LUMPUR – Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim (Tambun-PH) has declared that he will not hold his tongue if accusations against key political individuals are found to be untrue. 

Speaking during the Finance Ministry’s winding-up speech on Budget 2023 in the Dewan Rakyat today, Anwar stressed that he will not remain silent if allegations of power abuse are unfairly levelled against any individual.

“Slander and criticism can be (thrown at) anyone, but I am here to say that I do not hold my (prime ministerial) title to prosecute, pressure, and oppress anyone, (because) I know what selective prosecution is like,” Anwar, who is also Pakatan Harapan chairman, said.

- More -

Thumbs Up 
MCA Youth: “Uphold Rukun Negara, let authorities do their jobs”
[Image: Jacob-Lee-MCA-Youth-e1678357104918.jpg]

IRRESPECTIVE of political affiliation, supporters of any political parties must refrain from being fixated with any existing or former national leaders who are under investigation for alleged corruption to the extreme of acting extremely, said MCA.

MCA Youth spokesperson Jacob Lee Yee Yuan said while it is not wrong to gather at the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) headquarters as a sign of solidarity, supporters must refrain from “provocative protests” that could lead to undesired consequences.

- More -
Big Grin 
Whatever I say, I’ll still be prosecuted: Muhyiddin claims political persecution
[Image: 09032023_-_Tan_Sri_Muhyiddin_Yassin_hadi...N_-_36.jpg]

KUALA LUMPUR – Former prime minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin has vehemently denied graft allegations levelled against him, calling them “politically motivated”.

Speaking to reporters after being interviewed by the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) at their headquarters in Putrajaya, Muhyiddin said he was bound to be prosecuted despite providing satisfying answers to the agency’s queries.

“Despite explaining myself and all of my actions (to the investigating officers), and knowing that there is no legal basis for them to prosecute me, there have been instructions from the ultimate authorities in the government for me to be prosecuted,” he said.

“So whatever explanation I give, I will still be prosecuted in the end,” he said.

Muhyiddin briefly explained that MACC officers had raised two matters in their investigations, one pertaining to the Jana Wibawa initiative, and another relating to his purported grants of tax exemptions to businessman Tan Sri Syed Mokhtar Al-Bukhary’s foundation.

- More -
Muhyiddin to face another charge on Monday: Azam Baki
[Image: 5_-_10032023_-_Muhyiddin_Yassin_Mahkamah...IF_021.JPG]

KUALA LUMPUR – Perikatan Nasional (PN) chairman Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin will face another graft charge on Monday, the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission said.

Chief commissioner Tan Sri Azam Baki confirmed this, saying the additional charge will be under Section 4(1)(b) of the Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Terrorism Financing and Proceeds of Unlawful Activities Act (AMLATFPUAA) 2001.

“Yes, correct,” Azam told Getaran, The Vibes’ sister news portal when asked to confirm reports that the former prime minister would face additional charges.

Earlier, Bersatu deputy president Datuk Seri Ahmad Faizal Azumu had said outside the Kuala Lumpur Court Complex that Muhyiddin, who is the party president, would likely face another corruption charge.

- More -

Muhyiddin’s graft trial: AGC rebuffs claims of selective prosecution
[Image: 09032023_-_Tan_Sri_Muhyiddin_Yassin_hadi...N_-_36.jpg]

KUALA LUMPUR – The Attorney-General’s Chambers (AGC) has said it does not practise selective prosecution, in response to allegations of politically motivated charges brought against certain individuals recently.

The attorney-general, in a statement tonight, said charges are brought against individuals based on the provisions of the law, regardless of status and background.

“Following allegations of selective prosecution and politically motivated persecution in recent cases, the Attorney-General’s Chambers stresses that the decision to charge any person is based on the evidence and facts resulting from the investigation, and not at the insistence of any other party or factor.

“The chambers denies allegations of selective prosecution,” the statement said.

- More -
“Boomerang of corruption has come to haunt PN”
[Image: Muhyiddin-1536x1033.jpg]

THE natives of Australia are fully aware that when they throw their traditional weapon, boomerang at a prey or an enemy they ensure that they are not hit by the weapon that comes back to them.

The “boomerang” metaphor fits the predicament faced by the top leadership of Bersatu.

As of late, three leaders of the party have been arrested for corruption, money laundering, abuse of power and others. Of course, the latest to be arrested and charged is none other than former prime minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, who is also the president of Bersatu.

The Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) has cast its net wide, others in the Perikatan Nasional (PN) might be charged and arrested, including the “never do wrong”, “sanctimonious” PAS leaders.

The “green wave” propelled by the PN coalition in the last general election was predicated on the use of corruption as a weapon against the UMNO leadership. This “boomerang” was the principal reason that UMNO lost Malay support, especially in the north and east of the country.

- More -