Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Muhyiddin denies involvement in contract linked to son-in-law
[Image: muhyiddin-yassin-bernama-090223.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: Former prime minister Muhyiddin Yassin has denied an allegation linked to a lucrative contract said to have been awarded to his son-in-law.

“I strongly deny this. This is a malicious lie created to smear my image and that of my family,” he said in a statement.

Muhyiddin said he was never involved in the awarding of the National Integrated Immigration System (NIISe) contract to IRIS Corporation Bhd, for which there had been an open tender.

He also said that the awarding of the contract was done in accordance with the government’s standard procedures and it was supervised by the finance ministry and other relevant ministries.

Muhyiddin said he had no say when it came to such matters.

- More -
No smoke without fire, says Anwar on claims against Muhyiddin’s son-in-law
[Image: Anwar-Ibrahim-1122023.jpg]

KUALA LUMPUR: Allegations that former prime minister Muhyiddin Yassin had awarded a lucrative contract to his son-in-law would not have come under the spotlight “if it weren’t true”, said Anwar Ibrahim.

However, he said he will leave it to the proper authorities to get to the bottom of the issue and submit their report.

“I don’t think this (issue) would have been as big as what it has become if it were not true.
“Perhaps there is some truth to the allegations but to what extent, we do not know. Let’s wait for the report (from the probe),” he told reporters after an event here.

The prime minister said the objective is to stop such practices, adding that no minister should be allowed to enrich their own children or in-laws in this manner.

- More -