Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How despicable for teacher to use religion as bait to football greatness
[Image: PHOTO-2023-02-09-15-10-42.jpg]

A TEACHER has got what he deserved for having lured a Form Three school pupil in Kuala Lumpur to embrace Islam after claiming that doing so would boost his chances of becoming a national footballer.

Police have begun investigations into a report lodged against a teacher by the boy’s parents. On Feb 7 at 10.21am, the complainant, a Malaysian mother, reported the matter to the police, according to Cheras police chief Assistant Commissioner Zam Halim Jamaluddin.

The boy’s mother who identified herself as “Vasan” earlier claimed that the class teacher also told her 15-year-old son that “only Muslims are allowed to enter stadiums in Malaysia”.

The incident surfaced on Feb 3 when her son showed her the messages in a WhatsApp group created for the class by the teacher.

“When I looked through the messages, I noticed that the teacher told my son that if he wanted to join the national team, he had to be a Muslim. He then encouraged my son to convert and even asked the class to suggest Muslim names for him,” Malaysiakini cited her as telling a media conference in Petaling Jaya yesterday (Feb 8).

- More -