Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Syed Saddiq ordered to enter defence over CBT, money laundering charges
[Image: syed-saddiq-fmt-281022-3.jpg]

KUALA LUMPUR: Syed Saddiq Syed Abdul Rahman has been ordered by the High Court here to enter his defence on charges of abetting in criminal breach of trust (CBT), misappropriation of assets and money laundering.

Justice Azhar Abdul Hamid said the prosecution had established a prima facie case against the Muda president and former youth and sports minister.

Syed Saddiq, 29, is charged with abetting the Bersatu youth wing’s former assistant treasurer, Rafiq Hakim, in the commission of CBT of RM1 million at CIMB Bank Bhd on Jalan Stesen Sentral 2 here on March 6, 2020.

As the then Bersatu Youth chief, Syed Saddiq was entrusted with control of its funds.

- More -
I’m looking forward to clearing my name, says Syed Saddiq
[Image: Syed-Saddiq_28102022-new134.jpg]

KUALA LUMPUR: Muda president Syed Saddiq Syed Abdul Rahman says he is looking forward to clearing his name after the High Court here ordered him to enter his defence on four criminal charges today.

“I will tell my side of the story so that justice can win,” he told a press conference after the court ruling.

Counsel Gobind Singh Deo said Syed Saddiq will testify from the witness box.

The former Muar MP also hinted that he could be defending his parliamentary seat, saying he will leave it to voters to decide on his fate in the Nov 19 general election.

- More -