Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bersatu co-founder Rais Hussin exits party
[Image: rais-hussin-fmt-180219-1.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: Former Bersatu Supreme Council member Rais Hussin has announced his departure from the party he co-founded in 2015.

Rais, who said he handed in his resignation letter yesterday, added that he has not been active in the party since 2020 following a heart procedure, and also due to his focus on developing the EMIR Research think tank.

“Although I am not a member of Bersatu, I will still actively pursue my struggle for a better Malaysia based on five core principles: reforms, justice, inclusiveness, progressiveness, and wasatiyyah (justly balanced approach),” he said in a statement.

“This is what led me to co-found Bersatu then despite the monumental tasks ahead.”

- More -
Bersatu ex-strategist Rais Hussin now a PKR member
[Image: rais-hussin-fmt-050418-1.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: Former Bersatu co-founder and Supreme Council member Rais Hussin is now a PKR member.

His entry into PKR comes a week after he announced his exit from Bersatu, which he co-founded in 2015.

The former Malaysia Digital Economy Corp (MDEC) chairman is currently the president and CEO of EMIR Research, a think tank focused on strategic policy recommendations.

Last Friday, Rais said he had resigned from Bersatu as he had not been active in the party since 2020 following a heart procedure. He also said he wanted to focus on developing the  think tank.

Source: FMT