Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uncle Kit: Does no response mean the “Merpati” exposé is true after all?
[Image: Cheras-Rehab-Hosp-2-1.png]

WHY hasn’t the Home Ministry’s quick response team spring into action to deny the anonymous “Merpati” (pigeon/dove) text with regard to special treatment being accorded for incarcerated ex-premier Datuk Seri Najib Razak or are the allegations true after all?

Veteran lawmaker Lim Kit Siang is seeking an answer from the authorities as the “Merpati” social media post had been in circulation for the past 48 hours and it very unlikely that the authorities are unaware of it.

“The Home Ministry and the Prisons Department must instantly give a response to the ‘Merpati’ social media post or the issue should be discussed at the Cabinet meeting to be held this morning (Sept 21),” the 81 year-old Iskandar Puteri MP pointed out.

- More -
Don’t ever compare my prison experience with Najib’s: Anwar
[Image: 16032021-KUL-_anwar_pc_on_ph_umno_pact_-_SYEDA_copy.jpg]

KUALA LUMPUR – Opposition leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim has rebuffed comparisons with Datuk Seri Najib Razak regarding  “VVIP” treatment in prison.

He said Najib’s supporters are arguing that the former prime minister should be allowed medical treatment at the Cheras Rehabilitation Hospital (CRH) because Anwar had also been treated there while in prison.

Anwar, however, pointed out the difference between both of them.

The Pakatan Harapan chairman said he had served prison for well over a decade before being allowed access to CRH, and that his experience was incomparable to Najib’s.

“I was given that facility at the rehab centre (in Cheras) after serving more than 10 years in solitary confinement lockup in prison,” Anwar said during a press conference at the Foreign Correspondents Club of Thailand (FCCT) in Bangkok.

“Number two, I was only sent to the rehab centre after major shoulder surgery,” the PKR president added. His press conference was posted on Facebook Live.

- More -