Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The self-delusive ‘art’ in Azhar’s praise of Muhyiddin
[Image: Muhyiddin-Yassin-and-Azhar-Harun-FB.jpg]

From Terence Netto

The Speaker of the Dewan Rakyat, Azhar Azizan Harun, has raised the art of the volte-face a further notch.

Among prominent public figures of recent years, the turnaround executed by lawyer Azhar, from supple critic of the Umno-Barisan Nasional government to supine protector in Parliament of the engineers of the “Sheraton Move”, was one of the more unabashed U-turns in the political arena.

Azhar’s turnabout was more self-demeaning than Tunku Abdul Aziz’s summersault from elegant critic of the excesses of Umno-BN to erstwhile defender of its machinations after he had served a stint as a DAP-appointed member of the Senate.

- More -
Azhar ‘dead wrong’, Muhyiddin wanted DAP support to be PM, says Kit Siang

PETALING JAYA: DAP veteran Lim Kit Siang has rebutted Dewan Rakyat Speaker Azhar Harun’s claim that Muhyiddin Yassin never asked to be prime minister.

“Azhar is dead wrong when he said that Muhyiddin never asked for the job of prime minister.

“I should know because he had asked me for DAP’s support to be prime minister way back in July 2016.

“But I declined to do so as DAP was committed to Anwar Ibrahim as the prime minister candidate,” he said in a statement.

- More -