Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YOURSAY | ‘RM30,000 a month for doing nothing’ shows rot of the system
[Image: e40f21dd6145988c99e843405adb7cb3.jpg=s800]

Dr Raman Letchumanan: Former prime minister Najib Abdul Razak practices “cash is king”. I mean not his money but taxpayers' money. 

Mohd Sidek Hassan, the former chief secretary of the government, by his own admission, received an allowance higher than his official salary (as the then chief secretary) for doing nothing, but his conscience doesn't prick him.

At the other end of the spectrum, we have the dumbed-down masses who believe they are their saviours and protectors against the “pendatangs” who work and earn the money they squander. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how Malaysia is governed by the supreme race with religious fervour and threats.

Still, we are nowhere near Sri Lanka, a failed state. Malaysia is an economic and social engineering marvel. I guess the key is adherence to true religious faith. No wonder the civil service is so screwed up.

I am glad I saw the rot and resigned. I 'donated' my pension to the government. I would be ashamed to receive it even if offered. I am not of such 'integrity' as Sidek. He has abused the term 'gaji buta' to an utter disgraceful level, where even animals fear to tread.

Meanwhile, army veterans who recently protested on the streets are drawing a pension below poverty levels.

- More -