Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why did govt settle Apandi’s ‘unlawful sacking’ suit, asks Dr M
[Image: mahathir-Apandi-Ali.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: Dr Mahathir Mohamad has questioned why Putrajaya decided to reach a settlement with former attorney-general Apandi Ali in his suit against the government and Mahathir over his alleged “unlawful sacking” in 2018.

Mahathir said that when he was giving his statement to current Attorney-General Idrus Harun over the suit, Idrus told him the termination of Apandi’s services was according to procedure.

“He said the government and I advised the King rightly, for Apandi’s services to be terminated. So I was shocked recently to read that a settlement was reached outside the court between the government and Apandi, with the terms kept a secret.

- More -
I’ve informed Mahathir on terms of settlement in Apandi’s suit, says AG

[Image: Idrus-Harun_Mahathir_Apandi-Ali.jpg]

KUALA LUMPUR: Attorney-General Idrus Harun said today that he had already informed Dr Mahathir Mohamad of the terms of settlement pertaining to a lawsuit filed by Apandi Ali against the former prime minister and the Malaysian government.

He said following the settlement, Apandi withdrew his suit on the termination of his contract as the attorney-general.

Idrus added that the court then struck out the plaintiff’s claim with no liberty to file afresh.

“I can only confirm that Tun (Mahathir) wrote recently seeking information on the terms of the settlement.

“I’ve already replied to inform him of the terms of settlement,” he told Bernama via WhatsApp when asked to comment on the matter.

- More -