Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Najib’s 94 grounds are perhaps unnecessary verbosity
[Image: 7d5ea9b3e1d99fbcbbd3e77d131b4c45.jpg=s800]

t[b]IndigoKite6964:[/b] What will your response be if someone is asked what happened and their response begins with a long story? Or if asked why they were late for work and it takes 30 minutes to have it articulated?

Here, there are 94 points why the High Court and subsequently the Court of Appeal got it wrong. It appears that former prime minister Najib Abdul Razak is fighting for his life, doing his best to wiggle out, he last kick, so to say.

So, he needs a counsel from our colonial masters to argue the 94 points and hopefully, one point works and the whole case against him is discharged not amounting to an acquittal? Just fishing for a technicality?

I call that fishing in a pail of water. Besides, what a shame that Najib’s lawyer Muhammad Shafee Abdullah needs the help of a Queen Counsel to join Najib in this fishing expedition. Shafee is plainly declaring there is a knot in his fishing line and it is stuck.

To say that the one-man High Court judge is wrong, that’s one thing. To say a three-member panel voting unanimously to uphold the High Court’s judgment is wrong? That’s quite another thing.

Ah well, he has the money, which could well be ours, to defend himself to the hilt. I confess, I read three lines of his defence and felt I have better use of my time. I wonder if the Federal Court judges would feel the same.

- More -
Probe Nazlan’s ‘bias’ which ‘compromised fair trial’, Najib’s lawyers will urge Federal Court
[Image: najib-razak-fmt-150822-1.jpg]

PUTRAJAYA: Chief Justice Tengku Maimun Tuan Mat is heading a five-member Federal Court bench which has begun hearing Najib Razak’s application to include fresh evidence in his SRC International corruption appeal.

Also on the bench are Chief Judge of Sabah and Sarawak Abang Iskandar Abang Hashim as well as apex court judges Nallini Pathmanathan, Mary Lim and Mohamad Zabidin Diah.

The former prime minister is attempting to secure a retrial of the case which saw him convicted and sentenced two years ago.

Najib is represented by lead counsel Hisyam Teh Poh Teik. The team also includes lawyers Zaid Ibrahim, Liew Teck Huat and Ruben Mathiavarnam.

- More -
What you need to know: Najib’s SRC International final appeal
[Image: 26102021_-_KUL_-_Najib_Razak_Passport_Ca...AHMAN2.JPG]

KUALA LUMPUR – The Federal Court is set to hear former prime minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak’s final appeal in his RM42 million SRC International Sdn Bhd corruption case starting today until August 26. 

The case, which began at the high court on April 3, 2019, has captured the attention of Malaysians and outside observers alike for its courtroom drama as well as bombshell revelations into the 1Malaysia Development Bhd (1MDB) scandal and is expected to reach a conclusion after the case is disposed of by the apex court.

So how did we get here?

- More -