Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
M'sian shuttler Myisha to spur herself to greater heights with Dutch victory
[Image: 17042022_Myisha_Mohd_Khairul_BA_of_Malay...ok_pic.jpg]

KUALA LUMPUR − National women’s singles player Myisha Mohd Khairul has described her first international title win in the 2022 Dutch International Badminton Series as a starting point for her to achieve much more in the badminton arena. 

Therefore, world 328th-ranked Myisha hopes to retain the momentum of her win to overcome challenges in upcoming championships.

“I feel very grateful and actually, I didn’t expect to emerge as champion,” she said in a video shared with the media today.

The 19-year-old from Johor Bahru beat her compatriot Siti Nurshuhaini Azman 21-19, 18-21, 21-19  in the final at Wateringen for the crown.

Myisha admitted that she encountered several tough moments during the final against Nurshuhaini, saying that the match was tough as both players knew each other’s game and had played against each other repeatedly during their training together.

Meanwhile, Nurshuhaini said unforced errors made in a rush to gain quick points had eventually cost her the match.

“Coach wants me to improve − in terms of my game as well as in my physicality. Coach also talked about fighting back for the next tournament,” she said.

The world number 314 was still grateful to have a podium finish and was determined to do better in future championships. – Bernama, April 17, 2022