Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Haris Ibrahim – a true Malaysian hero
[Image: 4f2c252429e4697c6b68c80001b56eb0.jpg=s800]

MS: This is really very sad.

Lawyer, activist and political blogger Haris Ibrahim - a true Malaysian in the best sense of the word - is one of the finest political activists the country has produced. Fearless and selfless, he has sacrificed much in pursuit of a better Malaysia for all.

Having met him during the 2008 general election campaign, and knowing the impact he created then, I can say with confidence that his illness and confinement at home, will be felt by all those who spend their waking hours planning and strategising for meaningful political change.

Suresh Kumar: Haris, even though I do not know you personally, I have read many of your articles and comments. You are one of a very few passionate and honest activists whom I truly respect.

Many years ago, on one of my trips back from abroad, I went to your Damansara office to purchase the 'Saya Anak Bangsa Malaysia' T-shirt and was hoping to meet you but you weren't in. I did spend some time with your friendly staff and comrades though.

I wish you well. Stay strong, bro. You will never be forgotten. Try out some meditation that will help strengthen your mind and body. We shall gladly contribute should you need any assistance for your medical needs. Take care, comrade.

- More -
Friends seek to raise funds for stricken activist Haris Ibrahim

[Image: 90ad6fa894c8037552956875d6429c0b.jpg=s800]

Friends of activist Haris Ibrahim, who has been diagnosed with terminal cancer, are raising funds for him and have also requested concerned members of the public to help with his medical costs.

His friend Wilson Yew said that any contributions would be a great relief to Haris.

"For a brother who is dead set on bringing about a better Malaysia for all Malaysians, his sacrifice is indeed heroic.

"He is fondly remembered as 'Abang ABU (Anything But Umno)'

- More -