Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forget it, Zahid tells group pushing for early party polls
[Image: ahmad-zahid-hamidi-bernama-180322-3.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: There is a movement within Umno paying off the grassroots to get them to push for the party’s polls to be held before the next general election, claims Umno president Ahmad Zahid Hamidi.

Addressing the 2,666 delegates from across the country at today’s Umno general assembly, Zahid also alleged that the movement was also trying to pay off members at the Johor and Melaka elections as well as yesterday’s Wanita, Youth and Puteri assemblies.

“This is a borderless world, so I know,” he said.

“Forget about all that. It is important that we are united to face the general election together.

- More -
Traitors within Umno trying to corner me: Zahid

KUALA LUMPUR – Umno president Datuk Seri Ahmad Zahid Hamidi claimed that there are “traitors” within Umno who have launched attacks against him in an attempt to cripple the party.

During his policy speech at the Umno general assembly today, Zahid expressed his disappointment over these attacks from within that arose because these quarters wished for the party’s elections to be held before the 15th general election (GE).

“I may appear quiet and tolerant, but that doesn’t mean I am unaware (of the situation),” he stressed.

“Don’t test me too much. Stop trying to push me against the wall. I am not infallible, neither am I perfect. Everything has a limit!

“I don’t pay attention to attacks from outside because I am used to it. But I am disappointed with the attacks and the traitors in the party who are betraying us from within.”

Speculation has been rife that there are certain quarters within the party who want the Umno polls to be expedited as they want a new leadership slate to helm the party ahead of the looming GE.

- More -