Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nothing personal against Najib, but he’s nothing like his dad: Dr Mahathir
[Image: 03122021_-_Mahathir_Mohamad_-_Sairien-12.JPG]

KUALA LUMPUR – Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad today said Datuk Seri Najib Razak is nothing like his father, the country’s second prime minister Tun Abdul Razak Hussein, as the two former prime ministers continue to lock horns ahead of the Johor election.

In his second open letter to Johor voters ahead of next month’s poll, Mahathir drew comparisons between Razak and his son, noting that one is a nationalist while the other a thief.

According to the Pejuang chairman, his contempt for Najib was not personal, but said this had only brewed after the latter’s involvement in the 1Malaysia Development Bhd (1MDB) scandal.

Mahathir noted that, prior to this, he had even personally supported and pushed for Najib to become the deputy prime minister when Tun Abdullah Ahmad Badawi held the country’s top government post.

“Apart from believing that Najib is qualified, I also felt indebted to his father Tun Razak, who helped me in my political career,” he said today.

“Unfortunately, Najib is nothing like his father. Tun Razak is a dignified nationalist and warrior. Najib, meanwhile, robbed national assets with the help of Jho Low.

“Foreign newspapers labelled Najib as a ‘plundering idiot’, while the appeals court described him as a ‘national embarrassment’.”

- More -