Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johor polls: DAP runs ex-army man for Bekok seat
[Image: 20220219-M_Kannan-Screen_grab_pic.jpg]

KUALA LUMPUR – At an event today, DAP revealed that it was running Segamat-born former army man M. Kannan in the Bekok state constituency for the Johor election.

During a press event in Bekok’s basketball court, Kannan said he comes from a very average family of rubber tappers but managed to change his economic status through education.

“My family was not rich, but my mother prioritised the importance of education for my three siblings and I.

“Because of her ambition for us, I now hold a degree and have a successful business with a company that produces medical equipment,” he said, adding that he is contesting to show the youth that success is possible, even for those from rural areas.

“Triumph has nothing to do with growing up in a city. There are many political and economic problems in our nation, but what is important for me now is the people of Bekok and their plight,” he said.

- More -
DAP announces candidates for Bentayan, Pekan Nanas

[Image: Dap-Flag-1-1.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: DAP has announced two more party candidates to contest in the upcoming Johor state elections.

In a press conference, DAP secretary-general Lim Guan Eng said the two candidates are Ng Yak Howe and Yeo Tung Siong, who are incumbents for the Bentayan and Pekan Nanas state seats respectively.

- More -