Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mahathir is wrong about DAP's success
MP SPEAKS | In his interview with China Press, former prime minister Dr Mahathir Mohamad said: “I had helped the opposition to win (in the 2018 general election) because I brought in Malay support. You know DAP, which could never get more than 18 seats, (it) got 42 seats because of the Malay support I brought in.”

Mahathir was wrong when he said that without his help, DAP could not get more than 18 seats as DAP won 24 parliamentary seats in 1986, 20 seats in 1990, 28 seats in 2008 and 38 seats in 2013 before winning 42 parliamentary seats in 2018.

Although the DAP had been demonised by lies, falsehoods and fake news as anti-Malay, anti-Islam and anti-Malay rulers for the past five decades, the DAP had right from its formation in 1966 been committed to a multi-racial, multi-lingual, multi-religious and multi-cultural Malaysian objective and had never been against any race, religion or the monarchical system in Malaysia.

We want every person in Malaysia, whether Malay, Chinese, Indian, Kadazan or Iban to have a Malaysian consciousness, identity and objective.

- More -