Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I’m prepared to meet PSC over shares, says Azam Baki
[Image: azam-baki-bernama-1.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: Top graft buster Azam Baki said he is prepared to be questioned by a parliamentary select committee over his shares in public listed companies, as long as the hearing was in accordance with the law.

The Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission chief said he was merely going by the book when he had declined to appear before the committee last month, adding he had only received an “invite” to do so.

“Don’t mislead the public into thinking that I was subpoenaed and that by not turning up I was disrespectful and in contempt of Parliament,” he said in an interview with selected media.

- More -
Azam turned up for PAC hearing with just an invite in 2020, recalls MP

[Image: Khoo-Poay-Tiong-Azam-Baki..jpg]

PETALING JAYA: A parliamentary select committee (PSC) member says Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission chief Azam Baki had turned up for a Public Accounts Committee hearing in October 2020 with a mere invitation.

As such, Kota Melaka MP Khoo Poay Tiong said the top graft buster’s excuse for not turning up after he was invited by the PSC recently to discuss his controversial share ownership was therefore lame.

- More -