Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resign or retire: Jin Wei’s ‘contradictory’ explanations

KUALA LUMPUR – There seems to be contradicting statements coming from former national women’s shuttler Goh Jin Wei as she takes to her YouTube channel to question the Badminton Association of Malaysia’s (BAM) decision to ban her from entering international tournaments for two years.

In a video posted on her YouTube channel on January 22, Jin Wei expressed her frustrations on the BAM council’s verdict, stating that they had no issues when she resigned from the national association in September of 2021.

“They had already accepted my resignation last year, and there was no objection for so long. Why is there an issue now?” she said.

Jin Wei, who was the top women shuttler prior to her abrupt retirement, now questions how she was able to register for the India Open that took place this month.

“Because I have respect for the national body, I had agreed for them to pull my name out of the tournament before I sat down with the management to discuss my plans.

“So how was I able to register for the event beforehand? It means that I have the right to play and I’m not breaching any policy,” she argued.

- More -