Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High Court finds Tengku Adnan guilty in RM2m graft case
[Image: tengku_adnan_211220b.jpg]

KUALA LUMPUR, Dec 21 — Datuk Seri Tengku Adnan Tengku Mansor has been found guilty by the High Court today on a charge of accepting a RM2 million bribe from a businessman in his capacity as former Federal Territories minister.

In delivering his judgment to a packed courtroom, High Court judge Mohamed Zaini Mazlan said Tengku Adnan had failed to raise reasonable doubt in the prosecution’s case after conducting a maximum evaluation of all the evidence tendered in court.

“I have conducted a maximum evaluation of all the evidence by the accused and the prosecution at the end of the trial, and I find the prosecution has proven its case beyond reasonable doubt against the accused in respect of the charge under Section 165 of the Penal Code.

“The accused has failed to raise any reasonable doubt in the prosecution case.

“I therefore find the accused guilty and convict him of the charge against him,” he said.

The conviction could also mean an end to Tengku Adnan’s political career in Malaysia, as it jeopardises his chances of participating in the next election and his disqualification as an elected representative.

- More -