Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MACC chief going after whistleblower he’s meant to protect
[Image: 50355e391df35ab11b7bb880827ab5e1.jpeg=s800]

Salvage Malaysia: MACC encouraged whistleblowers to report cases so that it can investigate if there are grounds of corruption. But now, when it comes to the agency’s own chief, it wants to sue a whistleblower for RM10 million.

Do you know what are the values the MACC stands for? I’m sorry but I think MACC chief commissioner Azam Baki has gone off the deep end. 

Assuming that Azam can really prove that he is innocent, he should say that notwithstanding the alleged slander thrown at him by the whistleblower, he would still encourage whistleblowers to report cases to MACC for investigations. And that he would boldly confront this dark episode by laying out all documentary evidence that the money came from his brother in the purchase of shares under his name, etc.

If you have done that, I will salute you, Azam, because you would have protected the sanctity of MACC. However, you are now behaving just like some of those arrested by MACC for corruption - using intimidation. You should not stoop to such levels.

Dr Raman Letchumanan: Isn't it funny - this whistleblower may get witness protection by MACC officials against the MACC head.

The PM should realise Azam is becoming a liability and may tarnish whatever credibility his Keluarga Malaysia government has. Act fast and do damage control. Don't react like he did in the Selangor floods.

To the whistleblower, Lalitha Kunaratnam, I salute you for exposing this story of Azam purchasing a huge number of shares in his name. In fact, when I first read this news when it was published in October, I knew it was a big scoop like no other. I also suspected no other media would dare carry this story then.

It remained hidden until political economy professor Edmund Terence Gomez broke it with his resignation from the MACC advisory panel.

Actually, what you exposed is all in the public domain, especially the records in the Companies Commission. You didn't make any accusations or inference, just stated the facts.
The online news portal that reported this story got DDOS attacked (cyberattack) and shut down. I am sure you must have also come under heavy pressure and threat to withdraw the story and apologise.

Yet, you seemed to hold on. You are a brave woman. All right-thinking Malaysians will be on your side. We will support you in whatever way we can. It is extremely rare to find such a brave person nowadays. You are doing national service, even though the authorities may not like it for obvious reasons.

Azam is in panic mode and feels threatened. Otherwise, how could the head of MACC issue such a demand to a relatively unknown person?

He claimed he is innocent and above board. So why the need for this legal action?

- More -