Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Azam Baki should have told his brother to ‘f*** off’: Robert Phang
[Image: 20210502-robert_phang-bernama.jpeg]

KUALA LUMPUR – A former Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) advisory board member has grilled the graftbusters’ chief commissioner Tan Sri Azam Baki, asserting that he is making a mockery out of the people and the country’s judiciary system by looking to clear himself of any alleged wrongdoings.

Tan Sri Robert Phang, now a prominent social activist and philanthropist, said Azam further convoluted the matter by implicating Anti-Corruption Advisory Board (LPPR) chairman Tan Sri Abu Zahar Ujang as the one who absolved him of any wrongdoing, suggesting LPPR as infallible.

He added that Azam breached MACC standard operating procedures (SOPs) by allowing his brother to use his share-trading account, saying such actions were equivalent to condoning an offence.

“101% he breached the rules. It concerns SOPs, because if my brother approached me (to use my trading account) and I was an MACC chief, I would tell him to f*** off.

“But now you allow him to carry on, so that’s the same as condoning an offence that amounts to the same punishment – in my view.

“He (Azam) is making a fool out of us, the system, and the entire judiciary. Letting him go is the easy way to go about it, but this case should be investigated by police or any other independent body, without fear or favour.

- More -