Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I left Malaysia, and I don’t regret it – here’s why
[Image: klia-passanger-fmt-180419-8.jpg]

From Ex-Malaysian

My mother is Malay and father is Indian. I have more Malay blood in me than some of the racists in Malaysia, some of whom have no Malay blood at all, being converts.

I was educated in a Malay school and went abroad to study. I never applied for any scholarship as I didn’t want to. My parents were humble government servants who worked hard and saved. They supported me. On the weekends and during summer holidays, I worked in restaurants, laundromats, retailers (including liquor shops), pubs to make ends meet. I made it.

On coming back to Malaysia, I obtained a government job. After a number of years, I resigned. I joined the private sector and did well. I speak and write Bahasa Malaysia and English well. I did my Form Six in Malay in my country.

While still in government, I attended Biro Tata Negara (National Civics Bureau) courses. That was when I personally witnessed the brainwashing by the government that was going on.

Instead of unifying the people, the policy was to create Ketuanan Melayu. Everyone could see it including the Malays. But no one did anything. There were private conversations, that’s it. That’s when Malaysia started to fall. That was more than two decades ago.

- More -