Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kelantan ready for change
[Image: oil-rig-reuters-1.jpg]

From Zaid Ibrahim

Our family home in Pasir Hor, Kota Bharu, is not for sale. Someone posted on Facebook that the house was for sale, but that is not so anymore. I did instruct an agent to look for buyers but that was six months ago.

Since then, the political scene in our country has become so chaotic that I may have to reconsider my retirement plans. Politics aside, I might even run a food stall business, something along the lines of “kedai pati” where the customers will sit on square wooden benches, and roti canai and nasi bungkus will be served from the centre of the square wooden planks.

We have a situation where so many new political parties mushroom all over. The latest is Parti Bangsa Malaysia (PBM). A few weeks ago, we heard that Warisan from Sabah is coming to take over peninsular politics. That move is being embraced enthusiastically by some DAP and Muda members.

I doubt if these parties stand for anything substantial. Warisan, for example, will not dare to open up Sabah and Sarawak for Peninsular Malaysians to go and work there.

Now we from the peninsula can even be barred from entering these places if they so wish. Yet, Shafie Apdal declares that he will be a prime minister for all Malaysians.

As for PBM, I seriously doubt they can offer anything significant for Malaysians and for the country to progress in the 21st century. I am impressed with their sound bites, but there is nothing beyond that. I don’t think I am out of line if I ask if that party is Azmin Ali’s party.

- More -