Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YOURSAY | PM, batik will not heal our racial woes
[Image: 00032365e9794401b4b86bbbdce26135.jpg=s800]

Vijay47: Prime Minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob, I presume that this colourful batik proposal must be a refreshing idea from one of your brilliant advisors you are paying a king’s and queen’s ransom to each month.

I can just imagine the scene - we deck ourselves out in batik and hey presto, we are all filled with this irresistible patriotic spirit even as we savour the richness of being part of Keluarga Malaysia!

I have another idea to instil this sentiment of nationalistic fervour in keeping with our newfound kinship. On a given date each year, maybe on former minister S Samy Vellu’s birthday, all of us, including Tamil and Chinese schools, could celebrate Sari Day, where women wear a sari and the men a kurta.

And to complete the unity picture, we can have a day when everybody hoists a Chinese lantern in their front yard. This could be on Transport Minister Wee Ka Siong’s birthday.

No, please, don’t pay me advisory fees of RM50,000.

Going through the numerous comments already posted in this comment section, I have computed that 96.7 percent are against Federal Territories Minister Shahidan Kassim's impromptu holiday (in conjunction with Kuala Lumpur City FC’s Malaysia Cup win) and the prime minister's batik decisions.

Yet I must stress that we Malaysians are not against batik or sudden holidays per se as long as the reason befits the occasion.

Just imagine, we would have been chanting for a week-long dressed-in-batik holiday if Rosmah Mansor had been arrested for failing to attend court on Thursday.

But the beating heart still hopes.

- More -