Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
11 Biggest Benefits of Walking to Improve Your Health, According to Doctors
One of the most powerful ways to lose weight, stay healthy, and live longer is so shockingly simple, even a toddler can do it. All you have to do is put one foot in front of the other. "Walking has always been my main source of cardio, and except for when I was pregnant, I've been the same weight my entire life!" says fitness expert Denise Austin. The key is to strut for, ideally, at least 30 minutes a day, says Melina B. Jampolis, M.D., author of The Doctor on Demand Diet. And whether you decide to lace up your sneakers and walk to work, pair up with a friend, or join a hiking club, walking can do everything from lowering your blood pressure and reducing your risk of chronic diseases to making your brain sharper and your heart happier.

"Walking is so simple that everyone can do it," says Austin. "Plus it has tremendous benefits, from supporting a healthy immune system to boosting your metabolism to strengthening your joints, muscles, and bones—not to mention it's amazing for stress relief and enjoying a little 'me time.'" Here’s what else you can expect when you start walking for just a half hour every day—that's less time than it takes to listen to one album on your ear buds!—most days of the week.

1. Walking will improve your mood.
A glass of wine or a square (or three) of dark chocolate can blunt the edge of a rough day—but going for a walk is a zero-calorie strategy that offers the same perk, says Dr. Jampolis.

“Research shows that regular walking actually modifies your nervous system so much that you’ll experience a decrease in anger and hostility,” she says, especially when you're going for a stroll through some greenery or soaking in a bit of sunlight. This can be particularly helpful during the colder months, when seasonal depression spikes.

Finally, when you make your walks social—you stride with, say, your partner, a neighbor, or a good friend—that interaction helps you feel connected, says Dr. Jampolis, which can make you feel happier.

- More -
Walking with a buddy or partner is like a mini-adventure. It's a chance to catch up, share stories, and just enjoy each other's company. Plus, the health benefits are a sweet bonus.
Walking is such an underrated gem when it comes to staying healthy and feeling great. It's become a staple in my daily routine.So, as I'm knee-deep in researching gym franchise opportunities in my town, it's nice to have a go-to exercise that's accessible and simple. And hey, speaking of franchises, it's almost like walking is the franchise of fitness – it's everywhere, and everyone's invited!I've got this one option in mind: Hitsona (https://hitsona.com/own-a-hitsona-franchise/), and I'm really curious about it. But back to walking – it's not just about fitness; it's a mood-lifter too. I've noticed that a good walk, especially in nature, can turn a bad day around. The connection with greenery and sunlight is magical.
(12-02-2020, 11:00 AM)superadmin Wrote: One of the most powerful ways to lose weight, stay healthy, and live longer is so shockingly simple, even a toddler can do it. All you have to do is put one foot in front of the other. "Walking has always been my main source of cardio, and except for when I was pregnant, I've been the same weight my entire life!" says fitness expert Denise Austin. The key is to strut for, ideally, at least 30 minutes a day, says Melina B. Jampolis, M.D., author of The Doctor on Demand Diet. And whether you decide to lace up your sneakers and walk to work, pair up with a friend, or join a hiking club, walking can do everything from lowering your blood pressure and reducing your risk of chronic diseases to making your brain sharper and your heart happier.

"Walking is so simple that everyone can do it," says Austin. "Plus it has tremendous benefits, from supporting a healthy immune system to boosting your metabolism to strengthening your joints, muscles, and bones—not to mention it's amazing for stress relief and enjoying a little 'me time.'" Here’s what else you can expect when you start walking for just a half hour every day—that's less time than it takes to listen to one album on your ear buds!—most days of the week.

1. Walking will improve your mood.
A glass of wine or a square (or three) of dark chocolate can blunt the edge of a rough day—but going for a walk is a zero-calorie strategy that offers the same perk, says Dr. Jampolis.

“Research shows that regular walking actually modifies your nervous system so much that you’ll experience a decrease in anger and hostility,” she says, especially when you're going for a stroll through some greenery or soaking in a bit of sunlight. This can be particularly helpful during the colder months, when seasonal depression spikes.

Finally, when you make your walks social—you stride with, say, your partner, a neighbor, or a good friend—that interaction helps you feel connected, says Dr. Jampolis, which can make you feel happier.

What is DNA For? & ParaQuesirve.mx
DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid) serves as the fundamental building block of life and carries the genetic information necessary for the growth, development, functioning, and reproduction of living organisms. Here are some key functions and uses of DNA:

1. Genetic Code: DNA contains the instructions that determine the genetic code of an organism. It provides the information for the synthesis of proteins, which are crucial for the structure and function of cells.
  2. Inheritance: DNA is passed from one generation to the next during reproduction, ensuring the transfer of genetic traits and characteristics. This process is essential for the continuity of species.
  3. Protein Synthesis: DNA provides the template for the synthesis of proteins through a process called protein synthesis. This involves transcription, where a complementary RNA molecule is synthesized from a DNA template, and translation, where the RNA code is used to build a specific protein.
  4. Cellular Function: DNA guides the overall function of cells by regulating the synthesis of proteins and other molecules. It plays a central role in cell division, growth, and specialization.
  5. Adaptation and Evolution: DNA is subject to mutations, which are changes in the DNA sequence. These mutations can lead to genetic variation, providing the raw material for evolution and adaptation over time.
  6. Forensic Science: DNA analysis is widely used in forensic science for identification purposes. DNA fingerprints can be unique to individuals, making it a powerful tool in solving crimes and establishing paternity.
  7. Medical Research and Diagnostics: Understanding the genetic basis of diseases allows researchers to develop diagnostic tests, treatments, and therapies. DNA sequencing and analysis contribute significantly to advancements in medicine.
  8. Biotechnology: DNA technology is used in genetic engineering, recombinant DNA technology, and the production of genetically modified organisms. This has applications in agriculture, medicine, and industry.
In summary, DNA is a crucial molecule with diverse functions, playing a central role in the continuity of life, the diversity of species, and the understanding and application of biological processes in various fields.