Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zafrul confirms cabinet discussion after Dr M queries RM100m housing for Najib
[Image: fdc0bf0289053252bd0d35f9d90b606f.jpg=s800]

PARLIAMENT | Finance Minister Tengku Zafrul Abdul Aziz has confirmed that the cabinet discussed the request from former prime minister Najib Abdul Razak for a piece of land and house worth RM100 million.

This came after Dr Mahathir Mohamad (Pejuang-Langkawi) questioned why Najib’s request for an RM100-million piece of land and house was not included in Budget 2022.

“The finance minister should explain every item in the budget but now I find that there is an item that is not mentioned in the budget.

“This is about the gift for the former prime minister Najib (above), who will be given a piece of land and house worth RM100 million because of his supposed contributions to the country.

- More -
I only asked for my entitlement as ex-PM, says Najib

[Image: najib-razak-bernama-181121-1.jpg]

PETALING JAYA: Najib Razak has responded to the uproar surrounding news that he has applied for a plot of land and a house in Kuala Lumpur allegedly worth RM100 million, stating that such benefits were accorded to him as a former prime minister.

“My office only asked to be given a residence after GE14 as allowed in the amended act (Members of Parliament (Remuneration) Act),” said Najib in a Facebook post.

“The government gave me three plots of land to choose from, so I chose one.

“I did not ask for a RM100 million gift from the government, but housing is given to all former prime ministers,” he said.

Najib said the RM100 million value was given by a pro-Perikatan Nasional news portal, claiming that the story on his application for a house was released to coincide with the Melaka state election.

“This is even though my application was made in 2018 after GE14,” he said.

Finance minister Tengku Zafrul Aziz confirmed today that Putrajaya had received an application from Najib for a property said to be located at Bukit Petaling, sparking pandemonium in the Dewan Rakyat.

- More -

We may rethink pact if Najib gets RM100mil land and house, says Anwar

[Image: Anwat-Ibrahim-FMT_1.jpg]

MELAKA: Pakatan Harapan (PH) may be forced to review its pact with Putrajaya after revelations about Najib Razak’s application for a plot of land and a house in Kuala Lumpur worth RM100 million, opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim has warned.

In a statement, the PKR president said PH was not consulted or informed about Najib’s application.

Anwar said “gifting” Najib the assets would be immoral and illogical since the former prime minister had been found guilty of corruption by the KL High Court.
He added that the shocking revelation would force PH to “review all forms of understanding that exist” with the government, in a pointed reference to the memorandum of understanding the coalition had signed with Prime Minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob.

Earlier today, Anwar had dared government MPs to explicitly state if they would support Putrajaya giving Najib the RM100 million plot of land and house.

- More -
Najib slams door on RM100 mil gift, no chance of use as political fodder

MELAKA – After being on the receiving end of public brickbats over his application for a plot of land and house with an estimated value of RM100 million, former prime minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak has decided today not to take up the offer.

Speaking at a press conference, the Barisan Nasional adviser said he did not want the matter to be an issue played up by opponents in the Melaka election.

In the same regard, he said, he understood the government’s focus today should prioritise assisting the rakyat.

“As such, I have decided to reject the offer (of the plot of land), although in principle, it is entitled to all former prime ministers.

“And since this issue has caused uneasiness among various quarters, I also propose that the government relook at this allocation, and if required, cancel the offer for all future ex-prime ministers, including those after me.

“But of course for those who have already received it, the government need not withdraw the allocation.” – The Vibes, November 19, 2021