Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That’s what they want? Okay, says Hamzah sidestepping possible Muafakat in Melaka
[Image: 20211030_hamzah_zainudin_bernama.jpg]

KUALA LUMPUR – Bersatu secretary-general Datuk Seri Hamzah Zainudin played coy when faced with a barrage of questions on rival Umno’s cooperation with PAS in next month’s Melaka election – a development that could very well leave his party out in the cold.

In a press conference today, the Larut MP beat around the bush and sidestepped questions posed by members of the press pertaining to the matter, saying “this is a difficult question for me to answer”.

Hamzah, who is also the secretary-general of Perikatan Nasional, only reiterated what has been reported on the “renewed” Umno-PAS alliance, or Muafakat Nasional, but did not comment on his party’s stand on the matter nor its own ties with the Islamist party.

“From what I read, the Umno secretary-general (Datuk Seri Ahmad Maslan) did not mention the name of my party, Bersatu.

“Based on the acceptance and understanding of laymen, what does this mean? This means they don’t want to cooperate with Bersatu.

“What I understand is only the explicit (tersurat) meaning. That’s what they want, okay. If we’re talking about the implied (tersirat) meaning, I don’t understand,” he said in a presser during his visit to the Melaka police headquarters today.

It is understood that prior to the press conference, he had a closed-door meeting with the state police contingent. – The Vibes, October 30, 2021