Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chinese amputee takes the limelight at Shanghai Fashion Week
[Image: FOREIGN202110271123000455569765262.jpg]

Niu Yu, 24, stole the limelight at the Shanghai Fashion Week for her confidence while striding down the runway with a prosthetic right leg.

Niu completed her first walk down the catwalk recently and the video clip of her catwalk appearance quickly became one of the hottest topics on Weibo, a Chinese Twitter-like social media platform, on Oct. 20.

She received many compliments for her courage. “She is so cool and so pretty,” commented a Weibo user. “The most beautiful woman is one who lives with confidence in herself,” another Weibo user praised.

"I didn’t know how to walk down the catwalk. I didn’t even know how to move my hands on the stage. But I felt that I was pretty cool when I took the stage,” Niu replied in a short video posted after the fashion week ended.

Niu noted that she was not alone on the stage, recalling an encouraging message she received from a 19-year-old girl with a disability last year. The girl, who also had a limb removed, said she has always dreamed of walking down the runway just like all the other famous models overseas who also face similar situations of physical impairment. “Although we are not perfect, we are still beautiful,” the girl said, wishing her day would come sooner.

- More -