Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YOURSAY | The culture war PAS is waging on gambling
[Image: 0c4d1df0fc9dc3de7a3332b110b02902.jpg=s800]

Vijay47: I have no problem at all if PAS and its youth wing consider themselves as the driving force behind efforts to advance social wellbeing and piety among the rakyat. After all, a cat may look at the queen and a hound may bay at the moon.

And being a non-Muslim, I should not be bothered if Islam prohibits gambling. Yet, I find it confusing and offensive that each time PAS embarks on some crusade to heal the world, it focuses only on matters that do not concern it at all.

If it is not gambling, it is the consumption of alcoholic beverages, if it is not crosses, it is Chinese lanterns. The things that these men can conjure up! You don’t like these facets of life, tough luck to you.

If you want to do good, why don’t you tend to the lost sheep in your own flock? Perhaps your efforts need to be directed to areas which should be more of a concern. For a start, you could try reducing the incidences of substance abuse and sexual crimes.

While you’re at it, perhaps you can also strive to bring down the level of rampant corruption.

Oops, corruption did I say? Mea culpa, a learned man has informed that corruption is not sinful.

- More -