Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RM13mil in Kedah funds sent to Canada, reveals Sanusi
[Image: Muhammad-Sanusi-Md-Nor-bernama-210921.jpg]

ALOR SETAR: Kedah Menteri Besar Muhammad Sanusi Md Nor dropped a bombshell today when he claimed that his predecessor had transferred RM13 million of Kedah Menteri Besar Inc funds to an offshore account.

Speaking to members of the media after today’s Kedah state assembly session, Sanusi said that the money was transferred to an account in Canada when Mukhriz Mahathir, the Jitra assemblyman, was menteri besar.

Sanusi made the revelation after he claimed that Mukhriz had brought up old issues in the assembly.

“I have never told anyone about this (RM13 million) … only today I am revealing. That is an old issue, which I have never raised before. I’m still keeping the transfer slip,” he said.

FMT has reached out to Mukhriz and MBI Kedah for comments.

- More -
[Image: Sanusi-Md-Nor_Mukhriz-Mahathir.jpg]

ALOR SETAR: Kedah menteri besar Muhammad Sanusi Md Nor clarified today that a RM13 million bank transfer by a state-owned company to an unspecified account in Canada was not carried out by his predecessor but merely done under his watch.

Sanusi said it appeared that former menteri besar Mukhriz Mahathir was “genuinely surprised” by his revelation on the matter yesterday. “I want to correct the perception that many took from my earlier statement that the transfer was carried out by Mukhriz himself. I now feel that Mukhriz does not know about this and was genuinely surprised.

“It was a transfer to a Barclays Bank account. I can’t reveal any more details as there could be a probe,” he said in a press conference after the Kedah state assembly today.

Sanusi added that he will fully cooperate with any investigation into the matter.

When asked if his office plans to lodge a police report, he said they are likely to take action based on news reports.

- More -